Flakes log book

Discussion in 'ELD Forum | Questions, Answers and Reviews' started by Moephilly1, Nov 17, 2018.

1. DL550CAT

DL550CAT Road Train Member

Oct 18, 2009
    Waynesburg, Pa
    It’s up to officer to enforce the law it’s up to the judge to determine if he was right and how to apply penalties. Fines are not about “learning a lesson” they are about generating revenue. If you are truly unsafe you get shut down or hauled off.
    If everyone went before the judge on every ticket there would be a lot less revenue generation going on.

MartinFromBC and Moephilly1 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Yeah - he’s an <edited> - but you were going to pick up a part (business related) - so it should have been on duty.

If that’s what you told him.

I always say I’m just going for a drive on my day off.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 18, 2018
    Reason for edit: skirting the profanity filter
    MartinFromBC Thanks this.
  4. Rubber duck kw

Rubber duck kw Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2017
    You're right, they wouldn't get as much revenue, you'd get warnings for everything which on a CDL affects you the same as a ticket but you can't contest it.

5. Moephilly1

Moephilly1 Light Load Member

Oct 6, 2016
    True it’s all about the money

Rideandrepair and stillwurkin Thank this.
  6. TallJoe

TallJoe Road Train Member

Apr 12, 2016
    Chicagoland
    I can't get it why the op told the cop he was going for a part instead of going to his aunt. Countless times, I drove to my truck parking location checking/working on some things. Did I log it, so that my 34 hour resets were interrupted? Well...I had better not say it on this public forum - admission to committing log book falsification.:eek:
    On the other hand, I can see that someone might even say that I am on duty right now too - typing this. Even if it is not business related, it is so for sure correlated. Oh yeah, I had better hurry up to my tablet and log the 2 minutes spent here - interrupting my 34 at home.

7. MartinFromBC

MartinFromBC Road Train Member

Oct 19, 2018
    Taking your elderly mother some groceries is the story ALWAYS!

Rideandrepair Thanks this.
  8. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    I cleaned my mirrors and windshield while off duty..should i turn myself in?

9. stuckinthemud

stuckinthemud Medium Load Member

Oct 20, 2013
    Only if your conscience bothers you.

Rideandrepair and stillwurkin Thank this.
  10. 88 Alpha

88 Alpha Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

May 12, 2012
    SouthEast Alabama
    Did y'all miss the highlighted part? He got a ticket for not being logged in. Since he wasn't logged in, he couldn't show PC or anything else.

If your company allows you to use PC, then use PC. If they don't and you log out and drive anyway, you could end up with a ticket like Moephilly did.

Unfortunately, @Moephilly1 you received a valid ticket. Fight it and hope for the best but learn the lesson of staying logged in unless your truck is in the shop or is otherwise subject to someone else driving it when you are not in it.

AND... moving this thread to ELD where it belongs.

11. stillwurkin

stillwurkin Road Train Member

Dec 2, 2017
    Yup yup got to be logged in and have something on the eld for them to view. Your in a cmv..not your personal vehicle. The way it is.

Rideandrepair and 88 Alpha Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.