Florida Rookie needs advice

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Acemaj, Jan 9, 2018.

1. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Trucking companies will find out about it. It won't hurt your chances of employment because it was the other drivers neglect; running a red light.

Acemaj Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Acemaj

Acemaj Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2018
    Thank you. That's good to hear.

4. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    I posted these on @Ultratowel thread titled FINALLY DECIDED from Orlando. Use these as a backup to the tanker job if it doesn't work out.
    Freymiller -
    www.drive4freymiller.com -Click on "Restore Program" for new cdl grads.
    Contract Freighters - www.cfidrive.com
    Schneider - tanker division is big money; take home over a thousand a week.
    Plus:
    MCT Transportation - Auburndale,FL
    J&R Schugel
    Abilene Motor Express
    Melton Truck Lines
    Shaffer Trucking
    FFE (Frozen Food Express) - terminals in Winterhaven & Miami.
    National Carriers - Minimum Experience: 6 months. Ask about our Student Program if you have a CDL A, but not enough experience.
    NFI Industries - Are you graduating from a CDL driving school? We have a fantastic, paid driver training program that will give you the skills you need to be a safe, successful CDL driver.

Acemaj Thanks this.
  5. Acemaj

Acemaj Bobtail Member

Jan 9, 2018
    Wow. Can't thank you enough! I seriously appreciate the heads up. That's a good deal of info. Thanks.

6. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    The cdl schools probably won't mention any of those companies. They usually push Werner, Schneider, US Express and one or two others. Don't let the school job placement service choose for you. You're doing it the right way by getting information off this website.

Acemaj Thanks this.
  7. crocky

crocky Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2017
    You know, they kind of bummed me out.. I see their Indian River Transport trucks around and was thinking.. hey a local company..

I used to live near the Indian River which is on the east coast of FL, actually the space coast.. Yet these guys are based in Tampa which is on the west side of FL!

The Indian River is the water way you see when you watch the rocket launches or old shuttle launches from Kenedy Space Center.

8. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Couple of years ago they did hire a woman new cdl grad to run local. She posted on here for awhile and said she pre-loads trailers or makes local deliveries around Florida and such.

9. Paddlewagon

Paddlewagon Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Llano Estacado
    Did IRT move?!? Home base was WInterhaven when I drove for them several years ago. The local slots with IRT would be limited as they are primarily a 48 state food grade outfit............they also have a HUGE yard in Clovis,NM(milk)

Acemaj Thanks this.
  10. Chinatown

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Headquartered in Winter Haven. They're needing drivers in Clovis,NM for local work from what I understand.
    That woman that posted said she works out of Tampa, so they must have something there also.

Acemaj Thanks this.
  11. Paddlewagon

Paddlewagon Light Load Member

Sep 17, 2017
    Llano Estacado
    Tampa is where all the juice from Brazil and other South American countries comes in.....Clovis is their milk hub and running out of there is definitely more than local,although there are plenty of local slots.

Acemaj and Chinatown Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.