Flow Below Added

Discussion in 'Ask An Owner Operator' started by Siinman, Jun 13, 2022.

1. Siinman

Siinman Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    So I went and added these on today. Will see how much if any it helps. Not a big fan of them but I need to get better fuel milage if I can. I still plan on running same speeds 65-70 MPH so not looking for a lot. Worst case it was a waste of a few days worth of work, Ha Ha IMG_4300.JPG

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    How much and what kind of improvement are they supposed to give?

4. Siinman

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Tractor AeroKit™
    FlowBelow is an industry leader in class 8 truck aerodynamics and delivers innovative products designed to save fuel. The flagship Tractor AeroKit™ is a complete aerodynamic system for the tractor that includes drive wheel fairings and ‘quick-release’ wheel covers. The system delivers up to 2.23%* in fuel savings.
    $2100 for the kit I got but can get 10 percent off with OOIDA for the black set it is $1800

Vampire, mjd4277, Dave_in_AZ and 6 others Thank this.
  5. Lyle H

Lyle H Road Train Member

Apr 16, 2014
    Whenever you see an ad that says “up to $xxxx, it probably will be an increase of .001.
    The “up to” is their way of covering their backside.

6. Siinman

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Of course, it has been tested and proven it works but my way of using it may or may not work ok for me. A lot of these people run the 55-62 MPH and I do not plan on doing that. My thought is to get arrow and go 65-70 and see if it helps. Was thinking about doing something to my trailer as well if this helps enough t pay for itself. Fuel prices will not be coming down anytime soon and most likely will be going up more over the next two years.

7. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    ... looks upside down..
    The word below is on top.o_O

8. Siinman

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    Also I would like to believe that it depends on how the arrow is on your truck if it will help more or not. I think the Chassis Fairings that are flared will not show as much gain as the ones like mine.

9. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Test a month, then loose the wheel covers, test a month. Wheel covers no fairings, test a month...

Ideally thats how to do it, personally, im suspicious of the wheel covers, potential to cause more issues than the savings are worth

the fairings probably dont hurt, not aesthetically my cup of tea, but fuel savings even at 1.5 % probably will pay for itself pretty quick if you turn a chunk of miles (only 155k miles at 6$ fuel and initial 6.6 mpg)

10. Siinman

Mar 5, 2017
    Kansas City, MO.
    I am not a big fan of the look either. I also have a business to run and hoping to make good business decisions while running to make money at the end of the day. I do not care for these for the trailers and seen some other stuff I may try later on down the road.

Vampire, bzinger, Boondock and 4 others Thank this.
  11. Magoo1968

Magoo1968 Road Train Member

Mar 18, 2021
    St Malo mb
    The fuel guru used to say below 55 mph tires make the biggest difference above 55 mph aerodynamic makes the biggest difference..

Vampire, Blue jeans, Boondock and 4 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.