Former TQL employee: ask away

Discussion in 'Freight Broker Forum' started by JosiahS, Jan 26, 2021.

1. JosiahS

JosiahS Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2021
    Funny thing is, they have a department that exclusively screens phone calls and brokers who use disparaging language or cancel a load for a cheaper truck almost always get caught and written up. We are told canceling for a cheaper truck is a big no-no.
    But they have no control if the broker calls on their cell.

The training and what happens on the floor are totally different. We were told to always be respectful and keep a good relationship open.
    I believe what happens is a few bad drivers screw a broker out of a customer and they hate all drivers from then on.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bzinger

bzinger Road Train Member

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Thank you for coming on here and telling how it is !
    I haul very little 3pl freight but have always wondered how dirty the biz is .

SL3406, PPDCT, 4mer trucker and 4 others Thank this.
  4. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    So Op are you in the witness protection program now ? Lol.

5. JosiahS

JosiahS Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2021
    Hahaha nah I’ve been gone for 13 months. If they could trace me, what are they gonna do? I don’t work in the freight industry anymore either.

6. bzinger

Dec 10, 2014
    omaha , ne
    Well thanks again and looking forward to more of your insights.

7. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    I work with every broker out there and the only broker's number blocked in my phone is TQL's.
    I used to haul a lot of their loads too, but I got tired of talking to rude young kids and always being paranoid about getting screwed up.

Book a load, find out you are getting screwed by the broker who told you lies about the load, tell him to take it back, get marked in the system as fall out.
    Can't win.

Just last week my buddy booked a load, broker sends a confirmation with a pick up city 80 miles away vs the original one, gets mad at my buddy for asking for more money and yells threatening to blacklist him.

Another one books a live load, ends up being a two days drop, broker stops answering the phone.

Another one books a PA-MI load with 3pm appointment to go home. Guy gets there and shipper says they ordered a 48' van instead of 53'. They are also FCFS and close at 4pm.
    The load board is empty, there is nothing else to take and he spends 45 min getting in the dock at 90 degree angle. Broker does not answer the phone till Monday.

Not working with TQL reduces everyday's stress significantly.

8. JosiahS

JosiahS Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2021
    That sounds about right. There’s very little supervision and the only one they answer to is their customer. The customer wants the freight moved by any means and at the cheapest price.
    The makes greedy people do all sorts of unethical things to keep their job.
    I want to believe that upper management wants to treat everyone with respect, but then again, when you’re doing $3B+ a year in brokerage revenue, that money can go to your head.

9. JosiahS

JosiahS Bobtail Member

Jan 26, 2021
    One last tidbit before i go to bed:

they literally use scenes from The Boiler Room and The Wolf of Wall Street in their training videos... go figure.

10. asphaltreptile311

asphaltreptile311 Road Train Member

Jun 16, 2016
    I don't think iv heard a driver with their own numbers being stupid enough to pull for tql, or chr. Thankfully people like you come out and show some insight. The drivers dumb enough either have yet to experience them , or are getting ramped up for bankruptcy.

Rightlane76, Ramo and bzinger Thank this.
  11. 86scotty

86scotty Road Train Member

Aug 27, 2017
    Appalachia
    I made a lot of money with TQL and CHR in 2018. I was new and they were the first brokers I set up with and they fed me great loads when the market was great. I honestly have to give both a little credit there.

Do I still work with either of them? Nope. Do I recommend anyone else does? Nope.

bzinger, Dale thompson, PPDCT and 3 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.