FTA-Asheboro, my drivers solution experience!

Discussion in 'USA Truck' started by RetiredSarge, Jan 23, 2012.

1. chemsoldier1

chemsoldier1 Medium Load Member

Apr 10, 2011
    Lufkin, TX
    I've heard the same about Quebec. A trainer friend of mine has his passport and he told me before he became a trainer he would get a lot of Canada loads. He said he would try to everything he could to heavily plan his route because getting lost could spell disaster and not only were locals not inclined to speak English but they tended to be very rude to Americans and definitely less than helpful.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    Right now I agree about the TWIC, however I did pickup one load in Lake Charles La when I drove for USA Truck and I was asked if I had one. It's my understanding that a lot of the more secure places across the US will start demanding you have a TWIC in the future. I have one and I can say now it made getting into that port much easier and faster. I know that $100+ charge is not good, but having that TWIC just might come in handy. I highly recommend you get one.

4. RetiredSarge

RetiredSarge Medium Load Member

Well tomorrow morning is the big day!!!! I finally can get in the drivers seat and stop riding all day in the sleeper. I was told that maybe monday and if not definatley tuesday they will start testing us out on PTI's and skills tests. Then whenever the instructor feels we are ready next week we will start road tests. Then licence and graduation next thursday!!!! Cant wait!!! Then I can finally call USA and get an orientation date and location.

5. RetiredSarge

Well 3 of us got 3 hours a piece behind the wheel. I did a whole lot better than I ever expected to do. I almost looked like I knew what I was doing. LOL. Went good for 2 of us, the third needs a lot of work. And of course he was the ####iest one in the bunch. Aint it funny that those are always the ones who do the worst. Well anyway, everyone have a safe weekend and will keep you posted on my last week of school. I believe we are gonna start testing out on PTI's and skills monday morning.

6. RetiredSarge

Well there arent doing any PTI's or skills testing today. I and one other in my class were told to be back at 1pm. We are doing our night driving tonight til about 11pm. Will let you know how it goes.

7. RetiredSarge

Well I got a total of 9 hours driving today!!!!! Half during the day and the other half at night. My instructor today told me that he felt I was ready to test out. He said that I am going to be a great driver and that any company would be glad to have me. Made me feel good. I think I only got 2 bad marks on my assesment sheet for today. One time I forgot to put down the splitter before going into 5th, and the other time he caught me floating a gear. No big deal, just cant do it for the test. Other than that the day went great and I didnt grind much at all. Hopefully tomorrow I can test out on my PTI and skills and then set up for my road test. Will let you know how it goes.:biggrin_255:

8. RetiredSarge

Well I passed my PTI and skills testing. Got a 98 on my PTI and only 2 points on the skills!!!!!!:biggrin_255: Now maybe I can get my road test done today. If not then tomorrow morning.

123456 Thanks this.
  9. 123456

123456 Road Train Member

Oct 22, 2010
  10. Supper Raven

Supper Raven Bobtail Member

Jan 31, 2012
    Raeford , NC
    There can only be two, and thats me and RetiredSarge. We completed the Last few hours of Driving today, I was chasing RetiredSarge all day, I blinked and he was in the driver seat and rolling out the gate! So I had to act fast and track down Bill, Bill taught me more in 4 hours, then I learned All week! That Old Goat is good. I came back in after 3 hours of driving and there was a few sad faces, our class mates did not believe we were almost out there a day and a half early. (I said thats what you get when you sit and watch things happen) Well we will be on our way to Ohio in about two weeks.

11. RetiredSarge

You were nipping at my heels but I had to stay one step ahead of you. Lol., I passed my road test with only 4 points, instructor said he really had to nit pick me just to get those, he said you can't send someone to dmv with a perfect road test score. Sends up a red flag. So I got my certificate, my walking papers and will be heading to Vandalia, OH on the 27th. My final GPA for school was a99. Only one anywhere close to me was Raven. So, now that we know where we are going, anyone have any advice or anything to say good or bad about Vandalia.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.