FTX Crypto Founder Arrested

Discussion in 'Other News' started by mjd4277, Dec 12, 2022.

1. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    Bitcoin reminded me of Enron
    Surprised Mr Fried hasnt woke up in bed next to a Horsehead.

Last edited: Dec 12, 2022
    Deadwood, Oxbow, JoeyJunk and 3 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. AsphaltFarmer

AsphaltFarmer Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2022
    New Mexico
    The guy who unwound the Enron fraud is doing the FTX bankruptcy also and said he had never seen anything like it. In my opinion the absolute most convenient coincidence is that the greatest financial writer of our generation, Michael Lewis (Liars Poker, Flash Boys) who is best known for detailing the 2008 GFC has been shadowing the entire clan of those schmucks (with their consent) for quite some time writing his next piece on them...

4. Deadwood

Deadwood Heavy Load Member

Dec 24, 2016
    I heard that too. With the ties he’s developed to Hollywood (Moneyball, The Big Short) this will absolutely be a movie

Oxbow, JoeyJunk and AsphaltFarmer Thank this.
  5. Grumppy

Grumppy Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Dec 11, 2010
    West Monroe, La
    This is the sort of thing that baffles me. I have nothing against an education. I think its a wonderful thing & I think everyone should be as educated as they choose to be.
    However, it baffles me that someone who is as uneducated as myself didn't loose a cent on this. Yet people who are educated & should know better, have lost no telling at the money.
    Just like any other scam. I see people in documentaries who lose money in scams that they intentionally get into, and loose thier life savings, only to find out they were well educated & should know better due to their education.

Now I understand people with money are the ones who spend money on these things, but that's not my point. Its people who are educated enough to know better because they ARE educated & are supposed to be smarter than me. Yet they loose their life savings... and my money is still safe in the bank. A lot of this is common sense.
    Its not that I was smart enough to know that this was a scam from the beginning, but my common sense just tells me don't get caught up in this sort of stuff.

6. AsphaltFarmer

AsphaltFarmer Medium Load Member

Apr 19, 2022
    New Mexico
    A long standing sentiment indicator is that when dentists and doctors start piling in it's time to start hitting the exit. But the flip side is the guy who got out before the great depression when his shoe shine started giving him stock tips. I think it's less education level and more the madness of crowds

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  7. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Can't wait for the big Hollywood blockbuster "Wolf of Wallstreet II"

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  8. PaulMinternational

PaulMinternational Heavy Load Member

Aug 23, 2022
    Usually takes more time than this to arrest a criminal of this nature. So why would they arrest him the day before he was to testify in front of congress. This in my opinion is to keep his free flowing testimony to congress out of it in order to protect all those deMEcrates! Otherwise he would run free for about a year yet till investigations were concluded.

Deadwood, Oxbow and JoeyJunk Thank this.
  9. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    When the enron guy is commenting on it saying its the biggest scam he's ever seen... its probably pretty bad :p

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.