future team @ Watkins Shepard... 2 Questions

Discussion in 'Watkins & Shepard' started by Mtn. Dew, Nov 28, 2013.

1. AThiker

AThiker Bobtail Member

Oct 23, 2013
    I went to Katlaw. Just finished 2 weeks ago. I start orientation with Schneider on Saturday. I liked what W&S had to say but at 55 I didn't want to be moving furniture.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. luvtotruck

luvtotruck Road Train Member

Jul 30, 2013
    Phoenix Arizona
    They do pay extra, It is pretty easy, You tailgate it or place it on the dock, that is it, I had a half of a trailer of furniture going on the dock and down an elevator to the basement all off the in a half hour, it took longer to check it in then the get it off the truck, The furniture guys know what they are needed to do.

OttMan Thanks this.
  4. GoVol

GoVol Light Load Member

Nov 24, 2013
    Georgia
    You will haul carpet out of the Dalton terminal and then whatever to get you back which could include a furniture load out of Conover. Unloading the furniture is just sliding it to the rear of the trailer not carrying it so it is pretty easy. $20.00 per stop which can be 1 piece to anything less than the whole truck. $55.00 if it is the whole truck. If it is real heavy piece the customers I have dealt with will help, but not much of it is that heavy. Don't let the furniture scare you it really good money. On a ten stop run you get mileage pay plus $200.00. The best I had was a 18 stop run so mileage plus $360.00 for 2 days. Netted out at just over $600 for 2 days work. Hard to find a job paying $300.00 per day.

luvtotruck Thanks this.
  5. Mtn. Dew

Mtn. Dew Light Load Member

Nov 28, 2013
    GA
    Thanks everyone... We are hoping to see a lot of the western states.... If we are hauling carpet out of Dalton, will we see a lot or just a few?

6. Shiftin

Shiftin Light Load Member

Sep 2, 2010
    Central-New Jersey
    The few teams that I knew ran non stop not to many multi stops for them. Most teams run 3000 to 4000 miles weekly. A lot of broker runs.

7. Jrdude5

Jrdude5 Heavy Load Member

Mar 26, 2013
    New York, NY
    Is that combined or each driver separately.

8. jungledrums

jungledrums Heavy Load Member

Oct 28, 2013
    Tennessee
    good question.... Surely it's each... Any one going to answer?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.