G.O.A.L.

Discussion in 'Swift' started by pagan trucker, Jun 12, 2011.

1. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh

scottied67 Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. jlind

jlind Heavy Load Member

Dec 21, 2010
    Nature coast, Fl.

Nice!! Trainer or lease only???

4. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Solo and Lease.

5. WitchingHour

WitchingHour Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Broomfield, CO
    It's a nice thought, but is the macro really going to make people get out and check their surroundings? You can send the macro all day long, but if you're too lazy to actually do it, sending a Qualcomm message isn't going to change it. There are drivers out there who don't have common ####### sense enough to STOP THE VEHICLE IF PEOPLE ARE BEHIND THEM. On a construction site, backing up with persons behind your vehicle or deliberately walking behind a moving vehicle could get you fired on the spot. Maybe that would be a good policy to implement.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  6. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    That's a good point. If you're the person walking around, make eye contact with the driver so they know what your intentions are.If you're the driver pulling into the truck stop to set up for your back, you know conditions are good to go ahead and back up, you have observed that the hole is open and there are no people walking in the path. Conditions change unbeknownst to the driver when he has to pick up the qualcomm and type a message and send it.People see a big Swift truck just sitting there set up nice for a back, figure it's OK to walk behind now then discover they have to do some evasive maneuvering to save their own skin. Crazy policy.

7. DC CAB

DC CAB Medium Load Member

DELETE, please...

scottied67 Thanks this.
  8. Business Reply

Business Reply Light Load Member

Jul 31, 2010
    High Desert CA
    I had a multi drop in which there were 2 crappy blindsides. I sent in G.O.A.L. everytime I hopped out. On the 2nd drop I got a message back saying stop sending them.

trucker_101 and bluebonn Thank this.
  9. 13doubleover

13doubleover Bobtail Member

Mar 28, 2011
    Wandering aimlessly...
    Does sending this macro make you back better? How can it reduce accidents? Just because you told them you got out and looked, doesn't mean you did??? This has to be the silliest thing I've ever heard of.
    So - you find a spot to park in and have to back up. You stop, send a G.O.A.L. macro and someone waves a magic wand over your equipment? Maybe I'm just not understanding this correctly?

10. Frenzy

Frenzy Medium Load Member

Mar 24, 2008
    Seattle, WA
    Borgs that comply are allowed to remain in the collective.

Swift is trying to improve safety, in a sort of Stalinist way.

11. hunnerbunner

hunnerbunner Light Load Member

May 26, 2010
    san diego, ca
    as a matter of fact, someone does wave a magic wand over the equipment. that's why i like working for swift.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.