Getting a home loan? Bank wont accept my paycheck, company driver

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by trust HIM, Apr 27, 2021.

1. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    I used quicken/rocket to buy my house i never had to round up any paperwork , all i did is sign a release of information for them to access my bank account and credit report.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kemosabi49

kemosabi49 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Jan 13, 2013
    SW Arkansas
    I would shop around. Banks. Credit Unions. Online lenders. Get the best deal on interest rates. I also ask if they are going to continue to carry the loan or sell it off as many do. Not that that is going to necessarily be a problem. I just would want to know what to expect.
    As far as Quiken Loans go, I refinanced a about seven years to take advantage of the lower interest rates and I used Quiken. Some back and forth emailing documents and it was set. Their representative came right to the house to do the signing and it was done. Was the easiest, less complicated home loan I've ever done.

T.Rucker Thanks this.
  4. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    If you're a military veteran, www.USAA.com will solve your problem.
    No bank or credit union would touch my money for purchasing a home, but USAA did.
    ~
    Other posts recommend credit unions and that's good advice.

jason6541 and Jenn72 Thank this.
  5. '88K100

'88K100 Road Train Member

Aug 23, 2020
    My honey used to do mortgages.
    They dont look at cpm or hourly rate.
    Gross annual income and # years service determines whether you qualify. Each pay stub includes gross,,,you just need 2 years pay history from same employer.
    Underwriters determine whether you qualify,,has nothing to do with the person who takes your loan application

6. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Convert your mileage pay to dollars per hour. For instance, if you drove 100,000 miles and it took you 2500 hours to do it last year, you made $40 bucks an hour.

7. autopaint

autopaint Light Load Member

Jul 26, 2019
    Stay away from Quicken because you're paying for all of their advertising and their rebuilding of Detroit.

Use bankrate.com to find a lender who has the desired rates and fees for your given needs then reach out and see if your paystub is sufficient.

I have used Sebonic via bankrate twice now with quality service and excellent rates.

MadScientist Thanks this.
  8. trust HIM

trust HIM Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2021
    thank you everyone for all your input!! it is so helpful, and encouraging, as well.

i will check out the credit union.

it is a company driver position, so w2.

9. trust HIM

trust HIM Bobtail Member

Apr 26, 2021
    yes, this. i didnt know about this option and sent the paychecks. i think we would have been better off if i did the way you did

10. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    Find someone willing to do the work. Quicken is probably so busy doing refinancing, they. Want the easy deal. 2 yrs taxes, current paystubs, a letter from you explaining any gaps in employment, or pay. I found the best Lender, through my Real Estate agent. After being left hanging at the last minute. Most agents work with in house Mortgage agents. They all worked together to get the deal done, at the last minute, at a better rate. My RE agent and his mortgage lady literally saved the deal. He had warned me, I’d have trouble, and he was right. He had previously worked at Quicken, as did my cousin. In their words, they’re all crooks. Lol

11. Dockbumper

Dockbumper Road Train Member

Apr 29, 2020
    That means absolutely nothing. As mentioned above. Gross annual pay and amount of time with current employer.

LtlAnonymous Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.