Glad I moved over to Poly Trucking

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by chemster, Jun 18, 2012.

1. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I whole heartedly believe that these companies that bought Maxxfarce powered Prostars are in for a huge shock when it comes time to trade them in. All the money they saved on the purchase price has been blown away by the breakdowns, repair costs, and deplorable trade-in value. I mean, many of the buyers of used trucks are the very company drivers that drove those model trucks and usually want nothing to do with them...International needs to have a BOGO free sale. One to drive, one for spare parts. But you read all the advertising and the promotional stuff International puts out, they still think they have a quality piece of engineering in these trucks. I just know one thing, when I look for my next job, the 1st question I'll ask is 'what brand of truck'. If they say International, I'll thank them for their time and hang up. There will be no use in proceeding to pay or home time questions.

mathematrucker and Bumper Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Mev

Mev Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2009
    no , I have run what I thought was over the 10 % many times ,

The office girl that does trips say they take 2 or 3 routes and average them out and arrive at what's acceptable , so there a lot if room to play with apparently.

Example : some people bypass the I 35 thru Austin on the way to Laredo and back , that's almost 140 miles extra round trip but the office never makes any noise about it.

Poly is ok , it's jus their equipment is a nightmare , I've
    already had one breakdown this week and had to call Fleet net , and it looks like I'm about
    to have another.

My brake control valves have cone undone behind the dash,they are just flopping around ,
    , I may not be able to release my parking brakes here shortly.

ive used up an entire stack of road side repair recirpts in just a few months.

pluggingalong Thanks this.
  4. againstthewind

againstthewind Road Train Member

Oct 26, 2012
    ok question, which run outta pwest u guys like better and why? ive only been to the northwest outta cg and have been lucky enough to get a slc then wy backhaul out each time

5. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I've only been to 2 different delivery customers out of there. I usually get Sumner or Blaine. I prefer Blaine because it's more miles, you can go in on your schedule and deliver early, and you can park there is you want. Sumner is usually a relatively quick unload, but at the appointment time. And unless you either drive in from the T/A in North Bend or pay to park at the dump down the road...there isn't many places to park around there.

6. Mev

Mev Road Train Member

Jul 29, 2009
    All I can say is its best to avoid any load of combination of loads that will have you crossing I 80 in Wyoming in the winter when your empty .

You are 100% responsible if you get blown over or into another vehicle .

7. Bumper

Bumper Road Train Member

Feb 8, 2008
    Kingsport, Tennessee
    " I just know one thing, when I look for my next job, the 1st question I'll ask is 'what brand of truck'. If they say International, I'll thank them for their time and hang up. There will be no use in proceeding to pay or home time questions."

I am looking for work right now and that is in the first group of questions I ask. Right after health insurance. I have a one on one with Nighttrain Trucking next week, they drive Pete 386's. Works for me.

8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I know I have said I would cut back some on my ranting and raving. Take a more positive approach to working here, but....Ladies and Gentlemen, I have to rant a bit. Keeping a trailer swept out isn't high on many drivers lists of things to do today. It has been a issue with most companies I've worked for in my 22 years out here. But Poly drivers seem to be worse at figuring out which end of the broom pushes dirt. Not all, but more that most companies. Here is what I had in my trailer today, and it isn't all new:
    20150109_122526.jpg
    20150109_122551.jpg
    20150109_123109.jpg
    And yes, that is a free Poly trash bag, over 1/2 full of debris. I know, nobody likes to clean up others messes, but for the love of God...this kind of mess makes Poly look like trash...all of us.

So, as a PSA I will do my part:

This is a broom
    20150109_122359.jpg

This is the end that moves the debris:
    20150109_122408.jpg
    I know not all of us here are lazy slobs, some of us actually do our part to clean up...and for that, as a Poly family member, I thank you. For the rest...get off your lazy butts and push a broom once in a while.

Thank you, now back to our regularly scheduled programming, already in progress

Last edited: Jan 9, 2015
    jdrentzjr, Mev and tucker Thank this.
  9. againstthewind

Oct 26, 2012
    ok thanks, those were the loads i were referring to unless we do anything else out of there besides slc

10. againstthewind

Oct 26, 2012
    ive said it bfore but as far as poly equipment i i believe it has alot to do with the fact that not only are these not the best trucks but we haul mostly heavy loads and i would say that takes it toll. most owner ops i talk to wont haul over 30k on their trk, reason being besides fuel its too much wear an tear. in my exp here ive hauled 3 loads under 40k, alot of my backhauls are 44,45k ive had many that i couldnt fuel past half without goin over. i kno this has nothin to do with the apus but i have clima cab that has never given me a problem, i also have an isx not a maxxforce, not tryn to defend internatnl, i just believe alot of the problems here are from buying cheaper trucks and hauling heavy loads all the time. if i start having major problems i will be the first person on here to say so.also i dont consider things like a starter or alternator failing as a breakdown or somthin to do with the brand of truck. ive had one breakdown that wasnt preventable that i could blame on international. from what ive heard i will try an stay away from the maxxforce if i switch trucks but i will keep what i got untill it gives me problems. and as far as the heavy loads i kno that it is what it is as far as that goes. trashbags arent light and neither are most of our backhauls. for me it is one of the few negatives here

Bumper Thanks this.
  11. ArmyGuy

ArmyGuy Heavy Load Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Hudson, Florida
    Last time I was in the shipping office I heard one of those guys telling a employee he needed to sweep out and remove debri from trailers when they are put in the door. I bet he figured its easier to sweep everything to the nose of the trailer instead of towards the wharehouse floor and then having to pick it up.

Either way I don't mind sweeping out a trailer after another driver didnt because I need something to do physicaly every once in a while and i wont let 15 minutes ruin my day.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.