Glad I moved over to Poly Trucking

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by chemster, Jun 18, 2012.

1. ArmyGuy

ArmyGuy Heavy Load Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Hudson, Florida
    I'm not seeing the sams in university park on Google maps :/. I'm at the petro; I think its right around the corner. I hope lol.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Son of a Trucker

Son of a Trucker Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2010
    Truckstop
    Sounds like ur there but if u head east from petro on monee first light turn left on central and then right into the gate.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2015
    ArmyGuy Thanks this.
  4. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Funny how they say the Petro/Pilot are Monee, and the Sam's is U-Park...and they are 2 blocks apart.

2015-03-13 01.38.20.jpg

Last edited: Mar 13, 2015
    ArmyGuy Thanks this.
  5. ArmyGuy

Jun 21, 2011
    Hudson, Florida
    Looks like he got banned, and just saw that Triumph and all his degrees got out of trucking all together.

tucker Thanks this.
  6. FL-Trucker

FL-Trucker Light Load Member

Jan 28, 2014
    More loads for me.... yay

7. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    yea, it looked like Mev's conspiracy theory imagination got the best of him and felt that the TTR was an ATA mind control center. (Unless he was pulling everyone's leg with that)

As far as Triumph, I though that I had seen him a couple weeks ago in the break room...I must have had him confused with someone else....it sucks when your senility interferes with your A.D.D., or maybe it might eventually help...one day I'll forget to be distracted (my memory ain't what it.....now, what was I talking about).

My luck with my truck has hit a speed bump. I guess they found an audible air leak (although in a parking lot, or a scale house driveway, it wasn't audible enough for me to hear.) But I had noticed a higher than normal pressure loss as of late, but it was more like hours before you'd get to the little red light coming on...they said it lost pressure down to cutoff in less than an hour. Anyway, they might get it done today, but with limited staff in the shop on the weekend, I'm not going to count on it being done. Thankfully I have a back haul already set up getting me back to the DFW area by Wednesday. So, hopefully the loaner will hold up for 6 days.

*update...in the immortal words of Gomer Pyle..."Surprise, Surprise, Surprise" the shop stepped up on a Saturday and got my truck ready, so I didn't need a loaner after all...if this keeps up, I won't have anything to complain about...except not having anything to complain about, of course...:biggrin_2559:

Last edited: Mar 14, 2015
  8. supersnackbar

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    I now know what it's like for Laurel and Hardy to play monkey in the middle, while doing the "who's on first" bit. 1st time in 18 mos there was any kind of issue with OSD. My delivery was 1 pallet short and 1 pallet over....of the same product. Turns out, the UPC code was changed, I had the new stuff, and my customer's computer wasn't up to date and they refused it...then sales calls the customer's corporate..the customer's corporate says go back in...I go, but the customer's corporate didn't call the d/c...so the d/c, outbound, and I were the monkies in the middle...but within an hour, it was all straight. So, issues happen here just like a real trucking company...but places like Crete would still be scratching their head in confusion, where I am rolling to my next customer.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2015
    jdrentzjr Thanks this.
  9. ArmyGuy

Jun 21, 2011
    Hudson, Florida
    Last 4 days or so ive had to do a manual regen 1 to 2 times a day. Then today the check engine light is on. I am in new Braunfels and hoping I'll make it back to gp. Then I have to hope the shop will fix the problems lol. Oh well my next load I want to be a home load so if I have to sit a couple days waiting on the truck it wont be to big of a deal.

10. majestyk

majestyk Road Train Member

Jun 28, 2009
    las vegas, nv
    When you do the regen add a few extra rpm's to it and really heat things up for about 5 minutes. That should clear it up for a while, at least that works for mine.

Taking a Blaine load that doesn't have to be up there until Sunday but will probably just go ahead and head out tomorrow so I can set myself up for a Friday Backhaul. Hard to get motivated to hit the road again after being off for 11-12 days or so. Said screw renewing my hazmat as I doubt that I will be needing that again. Oh well going to rustle up some pork chops and wash them down with a couple of cold ones and enjoy the rest of the afternoon.

11. rdotts52

rdotts52 Bobtail Member

Jan 22, 2015
    Did you guys get your bump to 50 cpm ? Poly is one of 2 companies I'm looking at when I change jobs next month. Trimac is the other. Both seem to pay well and overall their drivers seem to like their jobs. Thanks.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.