Glad I moved over to Poly Trucking

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by chemster, Jun 18, 2012.

1. maninthemoon1

maninthemoon1 Medium Load Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Garrison ky
    Now tell us about that Amazing Maintence shop in Grand prairie ...
    Or does that not fit your point of view ?
    Go in for a pm ... and 4 days later you get out only to have an engine light on when you start it.

silverspur Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. maninthemoon1

maninthemoon1 Medium Load Member

Apr 9, 2009
    Garrison ky
    Let's be honest here ... if you're willing to slip seat the shop will not cost you 12 to 15k a year. If you travel heavy and don't slip seat you'll do well at 63k a year.
    No option for 100% taxable gross so much is per diem . Gross 63 taxable is 47 to 51k.
    When it's time to retire you get screwed because of your low yearly taxable income.

CorsairFanboy and silverspur Thank this.
  4. ArmyGuy

ArmyGuy Heavy Load Member

Jun 21, 2011
    Hudson, Florida
    How long ago did you quit? Since poly started getting new trucks, the shops been fine. I'd say in the last 5 years 95% of my services have been completed in 4-5 hours with no issues. The other 5% is normal miscellaneous maintenance stuff that gets done in a fair amount of time.
    The shop is not perfect by any means. My biggest complaint on them would be the communication isn't great which can cause unnecessary stress. I use to hate the shop as we all did but the facts of the last few years for me are what they are, and I dont have much room to complain.
    I'm also aware that not every driver for the last 5 years has gotten a new truck every time they show up. For the guys who haven't probably have a different opinion than mine.

As far as the per diem goes I guess it's good info to put out there so someone ready to retire in a few years and also wanting to drive at poly is aware.

Bumper Thanks this.
  5. Western flyer

Western flyer Road Train Member

Mar 13, 2014
    Your old and outdated.
    Those days are long gone.
    I haven't been in shop for anything other than
    A oil change in 4 years since they got the new trucks.
    Haven't changed trucks one time since then.

JohnBoy Thanks this.
  6. silverspur

silverspur Road Train Member

Sep 26, 2012
    Peterbilts seem to be better than the Internationals. I like the cabinet space in the LT's.

The LT's have had a problem with DEF sensor at in sub freezing temps at 250k miles (6 days) and turbo going bad at 300k miles (2+ weeks)

Still plenty of 2010 Prostars to choose from. I grabbed one with 750k and made it to the Northeast and back.

7. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Seems that the shop improved about the time Hyatt quit managing it...as Leroy Jethro Gibbs says, I don't believe in coincidences. Perhaps he just wasn't cut out for that department. Always thought it was nuts to put an I.T. office guy in charge of a truck shop

CorsairFanboy and Knucklehead Thank this.
  8. silverspur

Sep 26, 2012
    He ditched the Vette and now drives a BMW.

9. silverspur

Sep 26, 2012
  10. silverspur

Sep 26, 2012
    BennysPennys and Bumper Thank this.
  11. BFL123

BFL123 Light Load Member

May 27, 2012
    gaffney, sc
    Can anyone give me some info on the plant in Chester, SC? Wondering what the running area is out of that facility. Also, do they do orientation there or does everyone go out to Headquarters. Ant other info to share would be appreciated. Thanks guys

12. silverspur

Sep 26, 2012
    Florida, Massacusetts, Jersey, Grove City Ohio, Maryland, Charlotte NC are loads that I have run out of there.

The running area is the entire country if you want it, with the exception of California. You don't have to be yoked to any one factory.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2022
    BFL123 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.