Glad I moved over to Poly Trucking

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by chemster, Jun 18, 2012.

  1. maninthemoon1

    maninthemoon1 Medium Load Member

    627
    286
    Apr 9, 2009
    Garrison ky
    0
    Now tell us about that Amazing Maintence shop in Grand prairie ...
    Or does that not fit your point of view ?
    Go in for a pm ... and 4 days later you get out only to have an engine light on when you start it.
     
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  3. maninthemoon1

    maninthemoon1 Medium Load Member

    627
    286
    Apr 9, 2009
    Garrison ky
    0
    Let's be honest here ... if you're willing to slip seat the shop will not cost you 12 to 15k a year. If you travel heavy and don't slip seat you'll do well at 63k a year.
    No option for 100% taxable gross so much is per diem . Gross 63 taxable is 47 to 51k.
    When it's time to retire you get screwed because of your low yearly taxable income.
     
    CorsairFanboy and silverspur Thank this.
  4. ArmyGuy

    ArmyGuy Heavy Load Member

    753
    514
    Jun 21, 2011
    Hudson, Florida
    0
    How long ago did you quit? Since poly started getting new trucks, the shops been fine. I'd say in the last 5 years 95% of my services have been completed in 4-5 hours with no issues. The other 5% is normal miscellaneous maintenance stuff that gets done in a fair amount of time.
    The shop is not perfect by any means. My biggest complaint on them would be the communication isn't great which can cause unnecessary stress. I use to hate the shop as we all did but the facts of the last few years for me are what they are, and I dont have much room to complain.
    I'm also aware that not every driver for the last 5 years has gotten a new truck every time they show up. For the guys who haven't probably have a different opinion than mine.

    As far as the per diem goes I guess it's good info to put out there so someone ready to retire in a few years and also wanting to drive at poly is aware.
     
    Bumper Thanks this.
  5. Western flyer

    Western flyer Road Train Member

    2,802
    6,689
    Mar 13, 2014
    0
    Your old and outdated.
    Those days are long gone.
    I haven't been in shop for anything other than
    A oil change in 4 years since they got the new trucks.
    Haven't changed trucks one time since then.
     
    JohnBoy Thanks this.
  6. silverspur

    silverspur Medium Load Member

    652
    1,556
    Sep 26, 2012
    0
    Peterbilts seem to be better than the Internationals. I like the cabinet space in the LT's.

    The LT's have had a problem with DEF sensor at in sub freezing temps at 250k miles (6 days) and turbo going bad at 300k miles (2+ weeks)

    Still plenty of 2010 Prostars to choose from. I grabbed one with 750k and made it to the Northeast and back.
     
  7. supersnackbar

    supersnackbar Road Train Member

    14,408
    27,877
    Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    0
    Seems that the shop improved about the time Hyatt quit managing it...as Leroy Jethro Gibbs says, I don't believe in coincidences. Perhaps he just wasn't cut out for that department. Always thought it was nuts to put an I.T. office guy in charge of a truck shop
     
    CorsairFanboy and Knucklehead Thank this.
  8. silverspur

    silverspur Medium Load Member

    652
    1,556
    Sep 26, 2012
    0
    He ditched the Vette and now drives a BMW.
     
  9. silverspur

    silverspur Medium Load Member

    652
    1,556
    Sep 26, 2012
    0
  • Truckers Report Jobs

    Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

    Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

  • Draft saved Draft deleted