Going back OTR with Crete

Discussion in 'Crete' started by MikeyB., Oct 9, 2017.

1. O.Henry

O.Henry Road Train Member

Sep 1, 2012
    San Antonio,TX.
    Mmmmmm Baconnn.

MikeyB. Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MikeyB.

MikeyB. Medium Load Member

Nov 21, 2011
    MA
    Day 1 is over with.
    People who drove rental to the hotel will be driving them to the terminal and turning in the keys to be returned( here in New Kingstown, Pa)
    Roll call will start around 730am.
    They start handing out packets to be filled out, you'll also get handed tablets to finish other verification forms (no you cannot keep em)
    They will hand you a lunch form with a few options between sandwhiches or salads (you can only pick 1 ...someone thought it was a buffet lol)
    While paperwork is being filled some people will be grabbed to go get your urnine exams done, others will be doing road testing. (Just to make sure you don't have any bad habits, you also have to double clutch for the first few mins)

You will be completing unrine and road test probably until 10 or 11am depending on the size of the class.

Lunch will arrive and they'll let you know when to eat.

Once done with that you will be sent down to the clinic to get your hair follicle exam done and a quick wellness check to make sure everything is ok ( blood pressure, neck size, height and weight, hernia check etc.)

Afterwards go back to the terminal and finish up any paperwork that need and road exams (if any) will be released around 4pm

For those who had rentals you will get on the shuttle to get back to the hotel. (Luckily I drove my personal vehicle down)

Day 2 of orientation tomorrow. Stay tuned!

Rollr4872 Thanks this.
  4. MikeyB.

Nov 21, 2011
    MA
    Appreciate the gesture. I've worked here before just gotta get back in the swing of things lol. Drive safe

5. MikeyB.

Nov 21, 2011
    MA
    Can't go wrong with bacon lol

buddyd157 Thanks this.
  6. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    Boy a lot has changed at Crete since I left. Hair follicle tests and double clutching? Been driving trucks almost 25 yrs and I have double clutched a grand total of 0 times, guess I wouldn't be qualified to return to the Acklie family of companies.

Coover, Mudguppy and MikeyB. Thank this.
  7. MikeyB.

Nov 21, 2011
    MA

Yeah its insane. What I was told from the examiner "it's to make sure you know the concept, we been getting a lot of "veteran drivers" who don't know how to even shift properly or don't know how to drive a manual transmission "

Last edited: Oct 10, 2017
    born&raisedintheusa Thanks this.
  8. MikeyB.

Nov 21, 2011
    MA
    Day 2 in the bag.

Go over E-Logs, safety, benefits packages, a few quizzes about the material we went over meetings with personnel if there is anything they need to verify (medical, job history, accidents etc)

Meet Craig from recruiting, spoke to the class about if interested you can do recruiting for the company.

Randy from the shop came down to explain reefer procedures and if any issues came about.
    Another guy came down (forgot his name sorry) talked about truck maintenance, road assistance and procedures.

After that basically death by power point. Easy but tedious.
    Day 3 tomorrow so hopefully I'm assigned a truck and get to clean it up and move my things in. Gotta check out in the morning before heading out to the terminal so stay tuned!

Rollr4872 Thanks this.
  9. born&raisedintheusa

born&raisedintheusa Road Train Member

Sep 20, 2012
    It would not surprise me if manual transmissions become obsolete within the next 10 years. Technology and good engineering are really making the automatic transmissions much more efficient and reliable than ever before.

From a payroll point of view, the drivers will end up getting less money because it will be much easier to train a driver on an automatic transmission, therefore increasing the supply of available truck drivers.

God bless every American and their families! God bless the U.S.A.!

MikeyB. Thanks this.
  10. MikeyB.

Nov 21, 2011
    MA
    Well day 3 was a success, well kind of lol

Qualcomm overview of how to use and change driver statuses.
    Bloodborn pathogens
    Harassment workplace overview
    Hazmat overview
    Spoke with operations fleet manager about requirements of driving Crete/shaffer trucks, policies about idle times, breakdown overview

And in between those course some quizzes. I know I'm missing a few more thing we went over.

Was assigned to a truck but hasn't been detailed, minor issues that needed to be repaired so got put in the hotel for another night. Shop at Crete will give me a call once its good to go and do the paperwork, look over on the truck for damages so I'm not charged, etc. Other than that back in the saddle with Crete and a driver so stay tuned on what I get as a truck.

Rollr4872 Thanks this.
  11. Steel Dragon

Steel Dragon Road Train Member

Nov 23, 2015
    Truck purchase program details and pay structure?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.