Going into Roehl Transport - Paid CDL program -

Discussion in 'Trucking Schools and CDL Training Forum' started by ambushiz91, May 18, 2017.

1. ambushiz91

ambushiz91 Bobtail Member

Apr 15, 2017
    Hello and thanks for taking the time to read my post. I'll be going to Wisconsin for my paid training for 30days to get my CDL license. I will be taking my own car to get there and from there on, hotel to training terminal. My concern is what should i bring with me, How will my first day be and what should i expect within those 30days of training. I've read -Tengears- posts, so i got some knowledge of what it would be like.

- Just looking for some insight into Roehl Transport training in Wisconsin. Ill be going there within the next 4-6weeks.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    That's great, man. Congratulations. Looking forward to your updates.

4. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    I would recommend traveling light.

-You shouldn't need more than 7 days worth of clothes. The hotel or Roehl will have laundry.

- Make sure you take your SSN card, birth certificate and license.

- Take a sleeping bag and pillow for as you'll likely get on a trainer truck once you're done with school.

- Make sure you pack some shower shoes (flip flops).

- Take some cash and a credit card (comes in handy). Keep track of your credit card purchases so you don't get a big surprise when you get your bill.

5. Aarrons

Aarrons Light Load Member

Jul 13, 2015
    Questions expanding this thread do you have to carry a sleeping bag to cdl school? don't you get a few days break between CDL school and road training out with a trainer? also, do you recommend a sleeping bag in the middle of summer?

6. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Doesn't have to be a sleeping bag, but need to keep your gear to a minimum until you get your own truck.

Myself, I keep a fitted sheet on my mattress, a blanket on top of that and then my sleeping bag and my pillow. Just easier to me... YMMV

7. ApluzTrucker

ApluzTrucker Bobtail Member

May 29, 2017
    How is it going researching paid training

8. ambushiz

ambushiz Bobtail Member

Aug 30, 2015
    Im set to go on the 5th of June. Will update whenever I can. Hope things work out and thanks for the information.

- just an fyi, I'll be going to Appleton, Wisconsin for the people looking to attend Roehl.

Redd336 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.