Going To Work at Knight.

Discussion in 'Knight' started by DougS, May 20, 2010.

1. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona
    they're idiots and dislike it when drivers have an empty trailer. they hate it so much because that'll cause them to refuse to do a crappy local run and burn up their e-log time for the day.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gearjammin' Penguin

Gearjammin' Penguin "Ride Fast-Truck Safe"

Feb 18, 2007
    Central AZ
    Knight must be doing things differently than when I ran tire loads(for a different outfit). I'd rather sling tires than hump carpet any day. :biggrin_2556:

4. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona

tires and carpet both suck. however, they provided me with a pretty good workout. on the final stop for the carpets, i picked up a roll like i did the others before, and my body pretty much said, "DO NOT WANT!" i collapsed and the carpet fell on top of me. i didn't get hurt or anything but it did cause the carpet store people to actually pitch in rather than stand and watch.

5. scythe08

scythe08 Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2007
    Portland, Or
    aww, the never ending trailer saga. When I was dedicated from SLC to LA and back, I actually had the mira loma drop yard try to steal my trailer while I was still attached to it. I got MT and was going to the yard when I got a phone call to come give it to another driver. I was like WTF? I'm on my way to my customer with THEIR trailer.
    "Tough, We need it! Come give it to trk#Whatever"
    Me: "Tough yourself! This is my customer and their trailer" Click!

I then High tailed to the customer and I'll be ###### if they didn't send that Truck over there to try to get it! I pulled into the guard shack the night before my Pick up and dropped the trailer in their yard. It was a drop and hook customer(though you sometimes had to wait for the hook :(). SLC actually really backed me up in fighting them as they tried to get me in trouble for disobeying a direct order or some crap like that.

But I can't think of how many unpaid hours I spent looking for mt's. I don't see how I could do it with the paperless logs. But then again maybe after awhile Knightwill realize how much time/money they are losing when A driver spends 5 to 10 hours a week looking for trailers

statikuz Thanks this.
  6. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    It never ceases to amaze that Knight exists.

Big Don Thanks this.
  7. 3.14

3.14 Road Train Member

Jun 8, 2009
    Arizona
    oh, it's scythe from CAD. hi scythe, it's good to see you here!

phoenix still operates like they're running on paper logs. it's still the same ol' bullcrap.

8. OverDrive

OverDrive "A Watchman on the Walls"

They tried to pull that crap on me several times, and I finally became a 'regular' at parking in the Santa Ana industrial 'loop' just north of the terminal with other truckers---a 'fire-able' offense if Knight would have caught me parking in the street, but was legal truck parking!!

The shame is that well-meaning newbies actually did drop their MT's per the gate guard's demands and ended up screwing themselves for their next load!!:biggrin_25513:

9. Dna Mach

Dna Mach Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2008
    Texas
    Those well meaning newbs usually bail as soon as they start comparing their odometers to their "paid" miles. Remind every Knight cheerleader that they are getting ripped off with every load.

I'd never even be here had it not been for your kid wonder Steve Cota. You must be so proud of that little mf'er. Yea we all know he was the worlds worst failure of a driver manager and was the only one willing to move when you canned the guy from Vegas who replaced the previous guy you canned. What a life that must be. Screwing and lieing to drivers to apease the corporate ###### and shareholders.

I'm like a ####roach Knight, long after your gone, I'll still be here with my foot on your drowning head.

10. JimDriv3r

JimDriv3r Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Is
    Dude, if most drivers had common sense AND were not in need of cash to pay bills, then these companies wouldn't have so many drivers.

If I had alot of money, and established my own truck company:

A). The company would not be big. At all. Nope. Never. 100 trucks MAX.
    B). I would establish myself as owner of the company, but never as CEO. That's corporate trash language.
    C). No need for dispatchers. Or satellites. Or qualcomms. Or any other hand-holding paranoid schizophrenic behavior most of these companies establish.
    D). I would hire 50 experienced drivers, and 50 complete new drivers (NOOBS). I don't care who you are. If you love to truck, the opportunity will be available.
    E). DAC? What the hell is that? Can you drive? Can you back a trailer? Are you punctual? Love being on-time, or early? You're frickin hired; just pass my driving exam.
    F). There will be a MANDATORY 3 days off requirement after working for 14 days. No iffs, ands, or butts.

I could go on all day. You get the picture. Bring back regular companies and get rid of these corporate clowns. :biggrin_25510:

11. JimDriv3r

JimDriv3r Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2009
    Is
    Disobeying a direct order??? What are these clowns, the militant branch of the Department of Transportation? For a company that has such an open-door policy, they should watch out HOW they talk to other drivers. You ever notice how nice they are to you when you walk in the office?

Disgusting. (Where's the icon that has a smiley-face vomiting? What, no such icon? Crap.)

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.