Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    From what little I got to play with the DT12, it was good, maybe I'll get a more through tryout one day.

Those SSDs make a big difference. I wouldn't of went through 4 of em in a month if they hadn't.

Anyway, I'm in Wells NV. Delivered 60ft rebar to Sac CA yesterday. Picked up verco, dropping that in SLC and getting my oil change tomorrow. (Why they couldn't have done that a few days ago when they replaced my oil pan? Idk.)

That actually reminds me, my physical is due in may.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    My guess is they DID change the oil but didn't bother to update it in the system.

4. FerrissWheel

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    I'd bet so. But here's the clincher, Phoenix botched the oil pan replacement. I was missing 3 bolts and 2 were loose. So now I'm waiting for SLCs shop in the morning to take a look at it and torque it. This has just been a cluster. IMG_20170129_163110.jpg

5. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    Many years ago I dropped my personal Chevy truck at a dealer for a brake recall. 2 days later I pick up the truck and the brake pedal goes to the floor and the truck WILL NOT stop when leaving the dealership. Turned out the mechanic had RED-TAGGED my truck as "waiting parts/no brakes" yet someone called me telling me it was ready and released it to me.
    And people wonder why I won't let anyone work on my motorcycle!

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  6. FerrissWheel

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    No one ever touches my bikes, our challenger only gets oil changes cause thier free and I'm usually gone anyway.

The mechanics at SLC were baffled that I didn't lose any oil. Least the bloody thing stayed on.

Hearing that though I'm all the sudden glad Phoenix didn't do anything to my brakes. Lol.

7. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Cheyenne, WY.

Got an early start this morning and stopped at the TA for fuel. There was a message that the system showed that I was going to be late and my DM said to do a mac 22.
    I called him and told him no, that I would be there at 1800 today like I put in my loaded call.
    As soon as I left the TA I saw the sign saying that I-80 was closed to light high profile vehicles because of the high winds.
    65+ gusts expected all day.
    So I pulled in to the Sapp Bro. and sent a mac 22 after all.

In a perfect world that entire section of I-80 between Cheyenne and Rawlins would have a plexiglass dome covering it. I think it is the most dangerous stretch of interstate in the country.

FerrissWheel and dptrucker Thank this.
  8. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    They need to build a 40 foot tall sound wall to get those winds up and over the freeway.

FerrissWheel and dptrucker Thank this.
  9. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Had the pleasure of traveling that stretch of concrete to and from Pasco,Washington last week and earlier this week going down to North Carolina. Going up saw at least 3 trucks jackknifed in the middle because of the high winds and black ice on 80. Coming back I was dealing with 45+ mile an hour wind gusts. Mind you, I was almost loaded to 77,000 pounds with full fuel tanks and a
    full reefer tank and mother nature was determined to make the truck weathervane.

Last edited: Jan 31, 2017
  10. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    It's been clear weather for a few days here but there are still patches of black ice.
    I got some breakfast in the restaurant this morning and the guy next to me was telling me of a bad crash earlier due to the black ice. A flatbed and a FedEx got into it, one of them going across the highway into the opposing lane causing a head on.

I'll be heading out at around 0400 tomorrow, and taking it easy all the way in 'totally scared' mode until I am past Rawlins.
    The winds should have died down by then, but there is still the ice.
    Before I start my pretrip I'll be listening to the weather channel for the latest report, just to be sure it is safe.

11. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Stupid truckers still trying to pass each other on ice like it is a spring day...

Better off to spread out and stay far away from each other.

ronvicki6653 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.