Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    I10 to I210 to I15 to US395 to CA58 to CA 99 to CA 46 to I5 ... least hills of any route and only about 20 miles longer.

FerrissWheel and Moosetek13 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    @Moosetek13 i would go this route

4. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I would slightly modify that, CA99 to CA 152 all the way in.

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  5. RedRover

RedRover Road Train Member

Sep 10, 2016
    Corsicana, TX
    Sitting at this god awful TA south of Baltimore. So far the only loads they are offering have less than 500 miles over 4 days and put me in an even worse position to find a load than I am currently in.

Should have stayed dedicated.

Speaking of... Ferris do you still have that banded payscale info you always post? Can't find it and wanted to show a friend who expressed interest in hiring on.

6. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Btw.... i will always go this route if load goes north of bakerfeild or east of inland impire. Even got ok'd by my dl

7. FerrissWheel

FerrissWheel Road Train Member

Dec 23, 2015
    NV
    CA58, my favorite LA dodger.

As a matter of fact @RedRover . Here it is. IMG_20161018_070040.jpg

Never stayed at the one south of Baltimore, but I've stayed at the one in Baltimore on a few occasions. It wasn't so bad actually. Or I didn't think so. Then again the UFO tours I frequently go on stopping at mudholes with water leaking from the celing and mold growing in the cooler, makes even a substandard peelot look like 10times better than it really is.

Last edited: Jul 7, 2017
    RedRover Thanks this.
  8. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Hello everyone. Well, they found out that it was a ECM that crashed so they had to have another new one made and shipped. Seaboard is charging MHC South Dallas the tow bill and the rental since they never really even looked at it. Nice to work for a company that carries a big stick. the reason is that they purchased a whole lot of new T-680's last year and they are getting ready to purchase a whole bunch more. I was wrong, it is a 2018 Cascadia that I am and now in a hotel since when the trucks came into Penske, they did not set up the idle parameters. It makes no sense. Rented out of Dallas and they seem to think that a driver does not need to have A/C at night. They are trying to say that it is because of the non-idling policy. What a bunch of BS, so Seaboard is going to submit the hotel bills to Penske

FerrissWheel Thanks this.
  9. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Hollister, CA.

We delivered here yesterday and headed to the Casa de Fruta. (Casa de Diesel in the truck stop guide)

I didn't get a pplan until late this morning. When I accepted it a message came back saying it was an invalid load number. Someone had already taken the load.
    I guess loads are scarce around here.
    Another pplan came in this afternoon. This time I called a dm before it got to my qualcom to accept it.
    He told me that it had been sent to several trucks - just like the last one. This time I was the lucky one to snag it.
    I like this load much better than the first. It was headed back to the LA area.

Lucky also to get a load getting out of CA. We are headed for Sparks, NV.
    Hopefully we will not get routed back to CA from there.

I'm getting an unneeded 34 hour reset, but it is a nice place for one.
    There is a lot to do and see here. They have a train ride, a carousel, good food, great scenery, peacock's...

10. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    I'm done with Swift. I made the decision to stay seven months in after encounters with numerous drivers, including Inkeeper, who had been with the company for years or who had left for greener pastures and come back when they found astroturf. My intention was to retire at a million miles or my 70th birthday. At this point I'd rather get ####ed in the ### by an insane gorilla.

I am done with Swift corporate drones from dick Stocking to the toilet cleaners who refuse to acknowledge their primary job responsibility is driver support. I am sick and tired of planners who casually breach my contract with Swift by leaving declined preplans on my truck and changing my PTA to "do not plan this truck " times. I have had, at the moment, positive conversations with their terminal managers that turned out to be smoke up my ###. I'm done; #### them. Mealy mouthed douchebags one and all.

My truck is paid off, clear title, the first week in October and I'll jump based on the freight market then. At this point Mercer is far and away the leading prospect. I have the money banked to get my own authority with a fairly fat reserve but I'm liking Mercer more.

After all these years with Swift I've finally gotten the absolute best driver manager/leader/partner I could ever have imagined. After threatening to change terminals over the pos I was assigned after Erasmo, less than ideal, was moved to FM I was put with Carlos Ochoa's group with the instructions to go easy on him since he was a raw rookie. This young man is outstanding and I recommend Laredo terminal and Carlos to anyone having problems with their terminal /dm. However, I'll try to take him with me...

Swift has been good to me...up to a point. My recruiter, Kim Deducca, was absolutely honest. I was paid in full for every mile I turned and paid for every accessorial I was promised by contract. I've worked with great people at my terminal and a few others. However, I am done dealing with passive aggressive kitties who have undeserved control of my income and my life.

Frank

inkeper, blsqueak, fr8monkey and 3 others Thank this.
  11. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Well, that was the good, bad and ugly of things.

Good luck in everything Frank.

A21CAV Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.