Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    I went to Miller/Coors to pick up a can load this morning.
    The line for trailer inspection was wrapped all the way around to the street. I was one of the last trailers in line.

As a truck was coming out the driver misjudged the turn and sideswiped my truck. Both left side mirrors were damaged, as well as the side marker light. His tandems were all the way back and both trailer doors were open. I do not think he even looked back there once he started the turn.

Well, that made my day.

Dealing with that and the repairs at the terminal took several hours, but they were able to replace the fender mirror and marker light and patched up the door mirror.
    The only other damage was a small scratch on the fender.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Video?

4. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Possibly.
    If they look back on the stored video they will probably find it, but I didn't think to press the button on the camera. I'm not sure if the small jolt from the impact would have triggered an event.

5. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
  6. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Yes, but it only cost me a few hours. The damage is mostly repaired.
    The door mirror back cover had 3 of the four mounts broken, but the mechanic straightened it out and put another screw in to secure it better.
    It's a good thing those mirrors are on hinges.

And it could have been much worse. If that trailer were offset by just a couple inches more it would have taken off that entire corner of the truck.

dptrucker Thanks this.
  7. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    So I'm in Ogallala, NE at the TA.
    Quite the impressive electrical storm going on.

Lightning every 3-4 seconds, with a bit of wind. No rain.
    Most of it is in the clouds, with a bit hitting the ground.

SHOJim Thanks this.
  8. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Flying j in ripon ca. Came here after deliver g the load of bread in Modesto ca. Didn't get here till around 0200 this morning. Place was full so parked on end of parkiing spots . Had parked between 2 trucks so felt pretty secure.
    Wrong!!!.
    Woke up around 0800. Was just sitting on bed thinking I should move when I felt truck move.
    Looked out and see a truck driving behind me. Looked like he was parking in a spot does behind.
    Got dressed and went to look. Sure enough, he hit my left corner. Scratched the fender morrow, headlight, bumper and fender. Lucky no holes, just scratches and some pint peeled off.
    Fender mirror was knocked in a bit. Tried to pull it back... to tight. So will go to a terminal nd see if they can move it.
    Went over Nd asked him if he hit me. Said he thinks so. He had no damage to his trailer except for rub marks on trailer tires..
    Asked him what happened. He said he drove around me to get the spot behind me. Thought he had room.
    Don't know why he just didn't do a upturn in the area on my right. He had plenty of room. Instead... there was only 2 empty spots on my left but yet he tried to get thru it.
    Just proves why I hate and rarely park on an empty of a row. But had no choice.
    Either that or park in a no parking zone in the dirt

9. dptrucker

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    So on a brighter side... got a load that licks up at 2000 tonite in Modesto going to Boise id at 2100 on 09/21. Plenty of times on this one....614 miles loaded lol

10. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Bad luck, and weird coming just 1 day after I was hit.

Who will be number 3?

11. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Bolingbrook, IL at the only truck stop in the area.

So my load home to MN is an Amazon load. It is scheduled to pick up tonight at 2030 and deliver in Minneapolis tomorrow at 1600.
    Not much time on the load considering a 10 hour break is needed in the meantime - for a 415 mile load.

But as my last load was delayed by that accident my 14 will run out at 1915.
    I sent a mac 22 with a pick up of 0600 tomorrow with an on time delivery.

I was told that UPS (consignee) requires an on time pick up, but it could deliver whenever I got there.
    That is the opposite of the messages in the load assignment. In the load assignment it said that it could not deliver early with no mention of the pick up.

I sent a message to my DM saying I could pick it up at 2200, but since I would need another 10 just after pick up (because I would not get any sleep in the meantime) the delivery would not be until at least 1800 tomorrow.
    No response for a couple hours, so I called him.
    He said there was no word from the customer but to go ahead with my morning pick up.
    Not long after I got a QC message from a rep in Phoenix saying my pick up and delivery times were fine and he would let the customer know.
    It was nice getting the official message on the QC.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.