Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Totally do-able using the split break provision. I hate loads like that too, where they expect me to use it, I prefer to voluntarily use it. But a 9 hour sleeper break would have gotten you there around 0400 AM or so.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Luse

Luse Medium Load Member

Nov 8, 2010
    Middle of nowhere Montana
    Meh, no point in doing split sleeper berth. At swift they will reschedule or you deliver when you get there...

But each there own.

4. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Its not a matter of IF it can be done with a split sleeper. For me it was a matter of my comfort first and that involved 10 hour resets that were almost always a minimum of 12 hours.

Frank

Moosetek13 Thanks this.
  5. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Call planner Jill Arnold at Jonestown and ask her for a Target load out of Suffolk, VA to Tyler, TX or Lugoff, SC. When you get to either mac10 to planners and ask for Laredo and my former DM will get you a load from there wherever you want.

I was at the terminal yesterday getting my new driver set up and loaded out. I heard Swift is bringing back comfort zones and one of them is mostly central time zone from Mexico to Canada.

Frank

fairshake Thanks this.
  6. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Well, I sent a mac 30 and 2 loads popped up after about 5 minutes, both picking up in Asheburo, NC and going to Wilmington, IL.
    I guess I spoke too soon.

Are comfort zones like requesting to be regional, or just an area that you like best?

And I had a little gaff while picking up my load today.
    I was told to put the empty in the gravel lot, find my loaded then come in for the BOL.
    I was in the process of dropping the empty and as I went around to the right side I saw that the landing gear would be on pavement. I hooked the red air line, raised the gear just a bit, backed up a few feet so it would rest on the gravel, lowered the landing gear, pulled the fifth wheel and pulled away.
    SNAP!!! goes the red line. Broke it off cleanly at the glad hand, leaving the glad hand attached.

I have only done that once before, many many years ago. At least this time it was only one line that was simple to repair. But I had to drive 25 miles to a shop to get it done. By the time I got back near the shipper I was too low on hours to pick it up. I'll have to do it in the morning.

In the mac 22 I said I would pick it up at 0700. It could be earlier, but I want daylight when I start out tomorrow. I'll be feeling some effects from hurricane Michael around then. I should not be in the worst of it, and it should only be a tropical storm by then, but all the same...

7. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Buried somewhere in this thread, about 4 years back, I swore I'd never come north in the winter after my truck was paid off.

Last 3 days ... Utah and Wyoming ... Snow, fog, black ice and freezing temps. .. I'm heading to VA.

dptrucker Thanks this.
  8. JOHNQPUBLIC

JOHNQPUBLIC Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2014
    Central New York
    You still stuck by that. It's not winter yet!

9. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Dumb ###!!!

10. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Lol ... At least I didn't double down and take an offered load to Tacoma.

A21CAV and dptrucker Thank this.
  11. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Jurupa terminal....
    Picked up that load in sparks nv and was suppose to e.g. 200 miles straight. Didn't have the hours so I stopped at sparks terminal for the nite. Drove it to perris ca yesterday and did my 10 at the am/pm off ramona hwy and 215.
    Appt was at Walgreens in Moreno valley at 0500. Got there at 04q5 and didn't have the confermation number in the receiving dispatch. Got sent out till I got it.
    She said it was a 5 digit number and started with a 3.
    After calling nite dispatch.. started looking I. The shipping part of dispatch and saw pick up number was 5 digits and started with a 3.
    So at 0445 drove back to gate to see if that was it and it was.
    I was the first truck in line when I first got there, now I m 9 people back waiting for a door in the receiving room. Got backed in at 0530 and didn't leave to 1530. 10 freaking hours. 3400 cases of medicine.
    Dl said I would get 96 dollars.
    Now I am putting the truck into shop again and hopefully I can get into another one. Told the dm I like to get I to a truck first then put this one in shop and he again said that that guy wants truck in shop first. More wasted time.
    So I stead of dealing with the nite crew gain.. gonna see if the day crew is any better.
    Thinkk this truck is a lemon

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.