Good Night From II

Discussion in 'Swift' started by scottied67, Feb 19, 2014.

1. Moosetek13

Moosetek13 Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    So I spoke with my DM at IGH about getting a load headed east of Denver. She spoke to a planner.
    I was then sent a pplan to La Mirada, CA. Twice.
    Both times she had removed it, even as I was calling her. I didn't have to respond to either of them.

I think I'm falling in love with my new DM. She is on top of things and wants to help her drivers.
    I've been really lucky with my DM's since I've been working at Swift.

There are two snow storms heading in from the west and the north which will blanket the area west of here over the weekend. Hopefully something can be found to get me out of here, and she is working on it.
    I don't know if it will work out the way I want, but at least I know I have someone watching my back.

dptrucker Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    Dropped that trailer at Costco in Sacramento this morning.
    Bobtailed over to lathrop to see if they can fix my Qualcomm issues.
    Was in the shop for about an hour. Replaced the black box which I thought was the problem..... wrong.
    On way to shafter ca to pick load up and Qualcomm still doing same stuff.
    Stopped here for the nite at the flying j in tehachipi ca. Load is headed for Pembroke pines do. Plan said 11/27 1315 or before that.
    Dm said it was suppose to go to a team and deliver this Thursday but these loads are behind and no teams were available. So get it there as soon as I can
    Won't be surprise if they have a team take it somewhere along the line to get it there faster.
    Called my dm about this Qualcomm issue and he got an earfull.
    I am headed for Albuquerque terminal for my 1st fuel stop so might have the shop there look at it.

4. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    Albuquerque is actually one of my favorite Swift terminals. Plenty of fast food & groceries within walking distance and always lots of room to park. I made it the terminal by 9:30 pm, swapped trailers (for my GM load) in less than 15 minutes and was back @ GM by just after 10:00 pm. Despite a complete and total lack of MT parking (I had to "invent" a spot) and 20 minutes spent helping another Swift O/O out of a jam I made it back to the terminal with 20 minutes left on my 14.

I left ABQ just after 8:00 am (I did a split) and made it to Little America in Flagstaff with 27 minutes left on my 70. I departed Flag just before midnight (I had 8+ hours coming back) and pulled into the PHX terminal @ 2:30 am.

5. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Too funny I delivered to Labatt in Albu next to the Swift terminal the other morning.

Steve, is your truck an auto? Every once in a while I get the wild urge to return to Swift lol

6. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    I would like to wish all y'all a Happy Thanksgiving wherever you land tomorrow.

Last year I was at a Circle K truck stop in Graniteville, SC. For me the entire holiday season is a time to endure and I never had a problem staying out Thanksgiving and Christmas. The Circle K had a surprisingly good Huddle House and I figured that would beat the slop at the TAs and Petro. I went inside to eat that evening and Huddle House was closed.

Thanksgiving dinner last year was hours old roller grille hot dogs. Yummy! Not. I'm firing up the smoker tomorrow morning for a proper Texas Thanksgiving dinner of smoked turkey breast, ribs and sausage with all homemade sides. Yummy! Yes.

Best of all will be dessert. My favorite OTR gal pal (an American Airlines pilot) will be flying into San Antonio from VA this afternoon and has a three day layover.

Being retired doesn't suck.

Frank

7. Tolmie

Tolmie Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2017
    You can come to Swift as a company driver and make about $2200 a week as a trainer. But you have to get on a dedicated account to do that.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  8. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    Monument, CO at the new Pilot.
    It sure is nice having a decent truck stop around here, finally.

I delivered about an hour early this morning and then headed to Safeway for my next load. I got a message from a planner asking if I could help out on a load, but by the time I could call her it had been given to another driver. That was fine with me.

I'm headed to Prewitt, NM for a 1615 delivery tomorrow, so I'll probably be at the Petro tomorrow night.
    Way too much traffic today so I shut down here. Hopefully the early morning traffic won't be as lame as the early afternoon traffic today.

9. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    Yes, it's the newer 12-speed Eaton trans with an X-15 Cummins.

I delivered to Labatt back when I was running Command loads @ Swift.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  10. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    At the pheonix termimal. Was heading to Albuquerque terminal but Qualcomm said I have to do paper logs. So called dm and said I was h
    Gonna stay there till Friday. The shop was going to be closed dm said.
    Said for me to come here. I got here just as they were closing. So they ate open all day tomorrow. So truck stays here till it's fixed. Or they can give me another pos truck

11. Moosetek13

Nov 1, 2010
    Burnsville, MN
    You shut down because the QC said you had to do paper logs?
    It lost a connection. It happens from time to time.

I just log my location in the comment section and continue on until the QC catches up.

dptrucker Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.