Good night from...

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Hamshoe, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. homegirl

homegirl Light Load Member

Jan 21, 2012
    Harriman Tn
    Love hubbys new truck. It is beautiful. It's a volvo and he said it drives great. I am going to buy some stuff to clean it with. The funny thing is it is probably worth more than our house! Lol! I truly feel redneck! Hope your husbands new truck is awesome Wilma!

bluebonn, Wilma and scottied67 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Currently getting live unloaded at a Walmart distribution center this morning. This was a shorty little 172 mile load picked up Tuesday afternoon and delivered Wednesday morning to cap the miles week. Problem is, to scan the trip and get credit, the nearest Transflo is about 49 miles away, not sure whether to eat the miles or wait and use the paid miles for the next week. I'm not on the automatic pay thing anymore. There are no bills of lading missing when I log onto the Swift website, however the kiosk has me down for a missing bol alert from a couple months back. So I only get paid for the loads I scan in.

They did offer me a preplan about 96 miles away empty, going 496 loaded but again it needed to be done overnight by morning. I stretched out the delivery ETA on the mac 9 and the load was removed, no loads popping up on mac 30 now either.

Last edited: Apr 11, 2012
    fr8monkey Thanks this.
  4. handymn

handymn Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2011
    phoenix Arizona
    Stuck in Katy Texas, BT from Laredo 312 miles to pick up a MT trailer and waiting on Preplan.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  5. fr8monkey

fr8monkey Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Right behind you
    So how did she do with it? And did she like it so far? quite an adjustment i would think.....:biggrin_2556:

scottied67 Thanks this.
  6. fr8monkey

fr8monkey Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Right behind you
    Havn't posted for a while my location. I been spending my time running up and down the I 77 corridor from northern Pa and Ohio to FL and NC,about 10 days now 6 loads back and forth,but most have been fairly light,and not to tight on times,so i been enjoying it....need to bank some dough....Fr8 is taking a little plane trip...lol! to see a real yummy mummy(I hope):biggrin_25525:

scottied67 and blsqueak Thank this.
  7. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Great Falls, MT. Dropped both Michael's loads this morning and accepted a pplan to load here at Malmstrom AFB in the morning. I'll be in Ogden, UT tomorrow night for an early Friday delivery at Hill AFB. Fuel route is cool; Stop 1, I-15s, Fuelstop (where I am now), I-15s, Stop 2. The qc gps will be just a mileage counter on this load.

Wilma, he should have taken the Prostar. I have one and its an awesome truck. All I hear about Volvos are the shop times and guess what truck I see broken down on the side of the road most often? Hope his is a good one.
    Frank

Wilma and scottied67 Thank this.
  8. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    At the Pilot in Albany, GA. Dropped a load of pallets at a consignee that was supposed to be a live unload. Swift didn't like that (even though I was doing what the customer wanted), then tried to send my to my shipper (also in Albany, GA) to...get this....pick up an MT so I could turn around and drop it when I picked up my preloaded trailer. The shipper thought that was comical (to say the least) and handed me the BOL for my loaded trailer and told me where to find it. No games with an MT. After a brain fart on my part (tried to do a Mac 1 & 2, problem was I hadn't been dispatched yet) I headed for the gate and eventually the Pilot.

I started the day with 6:49 and have 11:56 coming off tomorrow. Today started in Jacksonville, FL (190 loaded miles) and tomorrow will end at Indianola, MS. If I can survive the next 2 days (after I deliver) without a 34 hr reset I'll be lucky. Only 14 more hours coming off (for 2 days) after tomorrow.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  9. Round2

Round2 Light Load Member

Feb 14, 2012
    WA
    Black River Falls, WI- Flying J
    Low 20's over night and T-shirt walking to Wal*Mart after dinner?

scottied67 Thanks this.
  10. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Scottie, can you not to the Macro regarding Accelerated pay, and find out which trip they are missing, then go through your paperwork and find out. I have made that mistake twice, and it turned out that the BOL was scanned, but my trip sheet had the wrong trip number on it. talked to payroll, it was fixed, and back on accelerated within 1 week.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  11. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Concordia, MO. Got my DOT done today, and found out, oil leaking out of the turbo. They said that it was okay to head out, and get the truck to KW within 2 weeks. They could have done the warranty work, but would take two days. Also had to replace a tire. Found a very large nail sticking out of the side wall.

Sent a pplan, and they are just nuts. Clock starts at 6 a.m., wanted me to pu a Kohls at 1700 and deliver in Omaha at 2200. Must be on time for delivery. Somehow, that did not work within the 14 hours. Plus, DH 100 to run a 400 mile load.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.