Good night from...

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Hamshoe, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Busted and disgusted in St Louis MO. Yesterday I reported the DPF light had come on for the second time in 2 days. So I shut down early yesterday and ran another parked regen which went on for almost 2 hours. Split up my break in the sleeper and left around midnight local time and it wasn't long before the check engine light and DPF lights came back on again. Started noticing that the truck was derating on the mild bunny slopes of I44 so pulled over to try another regen after seeing a jackknifed terrible wreck at mile marker 268 westbound. Too far gone for a regen, notified Breakdown but no response, so back tracked a few miles to the nearest Kenworth shop, by the time I got there, Breakdown gave me a reference number and I got the truck written up and the 1 hour check and advise done on it. Now just kicking back til they can get me in on Monday (today is Saturday). The truck threw 18 fault codes, most related to the EGR and Aftertreatment. 1 was for coolant, but I knew that from a few months ago when a hose clamp broke and lost all my coolant. Another was from an electrical short which I also finally discovered was the license plate light wire was rubbing exposed on the chassis back there and so I removed the light and sealed up the hotwire so that won't be happening ever again. Swift tech told me all lights must work-- I asked what if I take the light off the truck? If it's not there, it doesn't have to work now does it?

Last edited: Apr 14, 2012
    fr8monkey Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Sitting here at the Wal-mart DC in Harrisonville. Not even enough fr8 for the assigned trucks today, so I also sit. So much for taking care of L/O that they bring here to cover surge.

4. fr8monkey

fr8monkey Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Right behind you
    Thats a bunch of crap right there,but ECT on duty....they sure wont help with it,sorry blsqueak....:biggrin_25513:

5. fr8monkey

fr8monkey Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Right behind you
    In Rockwall Tx waiting for the "tornados" storms,pestilence and such.....let ya know if anything(and me) survives the onslaught...:biggrin_25521:

6. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    It was the actuall planner that works here that told me this. He was in today. Alot different than when I was at Moberly. L/O got first crack, especially since they were there helping out, just like here, and I am not the only one today. The worst part, I have the wife with me, so she is wanting to know if this is the way that the company always is. Trying to explain, no, just here, and she is thinking about the truck payment. Lucky it is covered for the week.

7. blsqueak

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Be carefull Fr8. Was watching some of the tornados on the news today that hit OKC. Not very pretty.

fr8monkey Thanks this.
  8. handymn

handymn Bobtail Member

Nov 6, 2011
    phoenix Arizona
    I got a nice run out out Jenks OK yesterday heading to Seattle for a Monday AM delivery, Currently at the TA in Badger WY, I would of stayed at Little America but had a shower credit here. Be safe out there FR8 and everyone else stuck in it that mess

fr8monkey Thanks this.
  9. Brian13

Brian13 Bobtail Member

Jun 29, 2011
    Chicago, IL
    Delivering to the Target DC in Newton tomorrow afternoon.

10. MicaBay

MicaBay Medium Load Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Idaho, North
    Pendleton, OR... Heading to Costco for a Monday morning delv then home... Missed my wife's birthday by one day... #### elogs.

11. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Gretna, NE. Made 628 miles today, got 7.8 at 77,780 gross. Still 334 miles for a delivery originally scheduled for 715am tomorrow that now has an all day window. Weather was nice up here. Just thunderstorms that I only caught the edges of.
    Frank

fr8monkey Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.