Good night from...

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Hamshoe, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Still here in Houston. Been a day of crap pplans, pu houston, del houston, then live load westvaco and t-call in Lancaster, sit until Friday then live load for del on the 6th. Then at 5:30, sent a pplan to pu container in baytown, but first, run around Houston during rush hour looking for a mt, then deliver Friday evening in Hurricane, UT. First time in almost 18 months having such a problem with home time request. If nothing in morning, think will reposition over to San Antonio. Worst part, lots of MT's about 1.5 miles from me, but no, don't go there for mt, after dropping ldd trailer same location. They would not give me one yesterday because did not have a pplan.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. MicaBay

MicaBay Medium Load Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Idaho, North
    I just ran that Walmart load out of Baytown to Hurricane. The last leg of the trip is amazingly beautiful. Only prob it was about 35,000... And going up 89alt in N.AZ kills the fuel... Slow and very winedy. And to get a load out you would have to do some deadhead miles, to Vegas more than likely.

scottied67 Thanks this.
  4. MicaBay

MicaBay Medium Load Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Idaho, North
    Mt. Carmel Junction, UT... Sandwiched between Zion and Grand Staircase NP.

5. fr8monkey

fr8monkey Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Right behind you
    katy tx ext 737 i10....tommorrow baytown tx to greencastle in.....

6. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Wild Wild West in Las Vegas at the Days Inn doing a 34 in the land of temptation. Played blackjack for hours with $60 and just called it a night with a few dollars left but had a lot of fun. My ac crapped out again. Plenty of room to park here and the room isn't bad, about $40 a night.
    Frank

7. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    As last reported, there was a problem with the preloaded trailer I had picked up-- a pin that wouldn't go in because the plate was wrapped around it. I had taken it to Wilmington terminal and told the guy I'm a welder, let me take the torch over there and fix it. Nope, have to take it to a proper trailer shop-- Mira Loma. So I fought all the way across town for 60 miles and dropped the trailer in front of the shop and spent the night in Ontario East because I needed a DOT inspection anyway, and the receipt would get me out the gate for 'free' lol. So I return in the morning and see that they (proper trailer shop personnel) did exactly what I would have done which was fire up the torch, trim off a few millimeters of steel preventing the pin from working in and out. It's all good though, had a fresh 11 hours to knock out the 490 miles and all day driving instead of looking for a place to park halfway at night as it would have been-- along 395 which I had never been on.

Pretty cool drive, got to see Mount Whitney, tallest mountain below Alaska and a coyote.

Sparks Petro tonite.

inkeper Thanks this.
  8. neal79

neal79 Medium Load Member

Feb 9, 2011
    Chicago,IL
    US395 is a pretty cool little drive, nice and quiet for the most part and great scenery. There are about 6 passes you go through on the way up to Reno so can be slow going if your heavy.

9. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    Back at the Pilot in Laredo hooked up to IdleAir for the second night.

Just snagged a load to Worland, WY. 1471 miles which is exactly what my phone said it was, cool!

The load is a live load here in Laredo, a first for me. Still have the trailer I picked up in West Virginia, think I'll run it by the trailer shop in the morning for fix a couple ISSUES! Load delivers Monday which is good because I'm dragging the bottom of the barrel for hours.

And the fuel route computer is still smoking crack! Wants me to run to Amarillo before I fuel.
    I DON'T THINK SO.
    I was at 1/2 tank last night before my 450+ mile round trip to Brownsville. I'm so glad I don't have to deal with it's garbage.

IdleAir Thanks this.
  10. fr8monkey

Sep 16, 2009
    Right behind you
    You ever get out of houston? going west now?.....

11. fr8monkey

Sep 16, 2009
    Right behind you
    I 40 ext 175 Arkansas.....lonoke at the "crackerbox" could see the tops of some of the trees browning some in the mountains along I 30....seems the drought really getting bad here....dry brown grass too in places....580 miles from katy texas....pu in baytown,up hwy 59 and 259.....

AZS Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.