Good night from...

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Hamshoe, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. fr8monkey

fr8monkey Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Right behind you
    Might drop to just a little below 90f but thats the best it will get at night when its that hot..not unusual for it to be 100f at midnight around there....stay cool

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    That is what the weather is calling for, dropping to the low 90's. Looks like idling again. This is when I hate the exhaust under the truck. Right under the pillow. Susan has said that if no sleep again tonight, then hotel tomorrow night, somewhere around Demming. Demming can at times cool down lots.

4. A21CAV

A21CAV Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2011
    Laredo, TX
    Waco, TX at the shipper where I load "fiberglass truck parts", unknown weight, at 8am and head for Beaver Dam, WI. Fueled at a J near here and it was jammed up and monkeys loose at the zoo. Thought I would make it to Laredo but no luck.
    Frank

5. MicaBay

MicaBay Medium Load Member

Nov 23, 2011
    Idaho, North
    Onterio, OR. Heading off to Tacoma

6. bluebonn

bluebonn Road Train Member

Aug 21, 2010
    Texas
    After a sweet drive through Yellowstone and thru Montana I'm resting in Spokane

7. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Dropped on Sunday at midnightin Seattle so I sort of knew Sunday would be blown for freight. Relocated to Troutdale as I had luck doing that in the past. Still all the load offers here are for Thursday and beyond deliveries. Got a nice terse harassing anonymous message telling me it's not a good idea to be turning down loads when I say I need miles ( had turned one down with the reason that the miles will not attach to this week).

Well that's it then I accepted a load so will be stuck at 900 miles for this week.Pathetic.

In other news, took Abby for long walk out back behind the terminal (there's a canal that runs behind and around for miles). We saw a large brown creature with furry horns growing out of its head and 2 coyotes. I had stepped up on the berm in a break in the blackberries and spotted them. Then we approached and they ran off in opposite directions. Abby was going nuts with their scent. We explored around and pretty soon one of the coyotes was going apestink barking/yelping. I guess we were getting too close to the den of baby coyotes. So we left out of there but on the way back Abby caught 2 mice for her dessert.

inkeper Thanks this.
  8. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Does your FMs first name start with B.

fr8monkey Thanks this.
  9. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Why do you ask? lol

I was talking with another lease operator who was telling me that guys like me who are coming up close to the end of their lease will experience a big drop off of miles. I explained how I might get 1000 miles one week then 2500 the next then 1000 again, he said that's how the computer plans out the 'short lease timers'. I tried to explain that I already own my truck but he said the computer software only sees there's a couple months left on the lease and throttles back on loads and/or makes sure that deliveries are after the pay period cut-off. A driver will quickly start to go broke and the remedy is to lease a brand new truck with a brand new lease term and magically the miles return.

10. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Here at my favorite hotel in Goodyear, AZ. Was going to go farther, but after taking 3.5 hours to fix a flat tire at the Bosselman Shop in Ehrenburg, got a case of the *($#)#)#). It is okay. Computer reset my PTA for the 10th. I guess that it decided that I did not have enough hours to get to Houston by thursday, which according to what I figured, I would be about 1 hour short.

fr8monkey Thanks this.
  11. fr8monkey

fr8monkey Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2009
    Right behind you
    Indiana toll plaza....ext 56...drop in bolingbrook IL in the morning...pu in Aurora Il a nice light one....to fairbault MN

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.