Good night from...

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Hamshoe, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Hamshoe

Hamshoe Medium Load Member

Jan 12, 2008
    Illinois
    Alexandria, Virginia

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. DrPeterJohnson

DrPeterJohnson Bobtail Member

Feb 8, 2011
    Lawrenceburg, KY
    yeah, good point on the whole empty thing. But you just have to know which terminals make you drop or not. But here is an idea...next time you go in to a terminal and they tell you to drop your empty, you just tell them, "i'm here for fuel only, then i'm taking off again"....THEN you go find a spot at a truck stop.

Only reason I asked about it, was that I've seen some drivers park within a mile from the terminal at a truck stop, thinkin' they'll get planned differently. And the sad news is, they won't. The planners will still see them, along with 100 other trucks with the location "Denver" (or wherever). And i've also heard stories of drivers who'll park half mile away, and someone from the shop will actually drive down to the truck stop because that truck is due for a B-serv. or update or something.

4. Hamshoe

Jan 12, 2008
    Illinois
    I'm usually planned before I drop the load I'm running....so that isn't a real concern. I simply have no use for the terminals unless I need something from one. I certainly have no desire to stop in and say "howdy" to the peeps there.

Rattlebunny Thanks this.
  5. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    It's hard for me to say goodnight from a specific place lol because when I wake up I'm generally about 400 miles away from the goodnight place. So we ran from Woodland CA to Miami FL in record time, picked up another load in Miami and Tcalled it in Decatur GA terminal then picked up another load about 12 miles away from there and brought it to Denver CO where we are chilling trying to get back some hours. My codriver will have his 34 done early in the morning and will start driving and my 34 will be done about 12 hours after that which sucks for me because my downtime/relax time is being trapped in a moving truck with a chain smoker. When he talks on the phone, he likes the windows up so he can hear. When he talks on the phone he likes to light up a cigarette. I'm like one or the other dude! lol

Tapeworm Thanks this.
  6. Injun

Injun Road Train Member

May 15, 2010
    West o' the Big Crick
    Oh, my...could it be? Is it possible??

If I swing past the yard on my way through Denver...I could meet THE Scottied??

'Cause I'll be in Denver in about 2.5 hours.

7. Hamshoe

Jan 12, 2008
    Illinois
    The Rock, Georgia

8. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    It was very nice meeting you Injun. I admire your passion and honesty and appreciate all your advice. You are a wonderful Mentor.

Injun Thanks this.
  9. DrPeterJohnson

Feb 8, 2011
    Lawrenceburg, KY
    good morning from Lancaster, TX....

10. DrPeterJohnson

Feb 8, 2011
    Lawrenceburg, KY
    you run team....and if its run correctly, you should NEVER have to stop and "get back hours".

please tell me your boss dont make you listen to any Jerry Reed, or watch Smoky and the Bandit.....when you say "record time" makes me think you're hauling a load of coors for Big and Little Enus Birdet.:biggrin_2559:

scottied67 Thanks this.
  11. scottied67

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I will be relating this story to my thread soon.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.