Good night from...

Discussion in 'Swift' started by Hamshoe, Jan 30, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    They're trying to set you up to get back to Fontana for your home time ...

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Wolfyinc

Wolfyinc Road Train Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or
    I still have a week before home time though unless they are going to make me a shuttle boy for the week, a week is plenty of time to haul a couple loads, heck they could send me with a load out of Phoenix, oh well as long as I get miles i dont care what they do.

They never did it this way before, always had a load going home

4. SteveH85396

SteveH85396 Road Train Member

Apr 1, 2011
    Waddell, AZ
    Had the pickup time been this morning (like it usually is going to Vegas) I MIGHT have taken it. As it is they finally took it of me AND blew my PTA out til tomorrow night.
    We're SUPPOSED to be adults AND I'm SUPPOSED to be a "business partner", so why the school boy pranks.

5. MysticHZ

MysticHZ Road Train Member

May 28, 2010
    Steve ... pop over to the terminal and go see Brian about getting on the broker program.

Nothing is more satisfying after the planners have FUBARed, getting a load from the broker and politely telling them to F/O.

SteveH85396 Thanks this.
  6. blsqueak

blsqueak Road Train Member

Dec 27, 2009
    buckeye lake, oh
    Was on my way to Coon Rapids, Costco, when check engine lite comes on, EGR plugged. On road said try and get it to KW here in Menominie. Did that, had to repower my load, and now the truck is done and no freight. On the way here they tried to send me a pplan, pu in MN and deliver 3 stops around Pittisburgh on Tuesday. Refused saying home time and only 900 miles for 4 days. They fired back that this load will get me through the house. Key words, through the house. Get home on Sunday with my hours and leave on Monday. Did not even bother to reply. Then they sent it again and I just let it set there.

Well, now in a hotel. Not looking good up here. Holiday weekend. My question for the planners, if they see home time then why send a driver to a place that the fr8 is bad and they know that the fr8 is bad. A chance that I will be here for the duration. My days with Swift are limited, probably the end of the Sep. Getting very tired of the planning when it comes to home time, especially since I live just out side of Columbus and for some reason can not pu a load here in IGH that might be sitting there and take it to some other terminal. Bounce from terminal to terminal. Heck, not due home until Sep 3

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  7. Wolfyinc

Wolfyinc Road Train Member

Apr 21, 2013
    Salem, or
    now I know why people hate delivering to coke, they told me to go park on the street since docks are full and im 3rd in queue and they will call me when its my turn, I asked how long should I expect and he replied it could be a couple hours...

8. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    a21cav.... compressor was replaced couple weeks ago. mechanic at billings said the cheyenne store didn't flush the sytem correctly.

9. dptrucker

dptrucker Road Train Member

May 14, 2012
    adelanto,ca.
    picked load in worland wy yesterday going to commerce ca for tuesday morning delivery. have a couple days to screw off while waiting, so going to visit some freinds. spent the nite last nite in little america. going to stop tonite in vegas. then run to mira loma terminal on saturday. matt said they"ll give me another truck once i deliver on tusday. anyways, trying to dodge some rain cells here in utah. btw.. this is my lightest load yet. 8000 lbs. just check fuel mileage and it says 9.3 so far

Last edited: Aug 30, 2013
  10. MPH2

MPH2 Light Load Member

Nov 20, 2012
    Strawberry plains, TN
    Hey bisquick where you at the Hudson, wi flying j around 1600 eastern time today?

11. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    Well, we got out of Tulsa OK and shot down to Marianna FL on Wednesday. A little light on hours against the 70, the planners offered 2 loads that would kill my hours Friday or Saturday respectively, so I pushed out my PTA as I would rather sit Wed/Thurs than sit Sat/Sun/Mon when the customers are likely to be shut down. So it panned out, picked up this morning (Fri) delivering Sun in Laredo. Maybe get something off the yard to keep moving who knows.

In other news, got a message I have to take a log class due to misuse of Off Duty Driving.

inkeper Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.