Got fired from crete, y i k e s

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by TruckerRawb, Jun 18, 2022.

1. Kyle G.

Kyle G. Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2016
    Eastern Iowa
    They usually make it pretty clear what the rules are during orientation, so i don't know why so many people sign on and then act surprised when they get themselves in trouble for violating the rules they agreed to.

Savor the Flavor and bryan21384 Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. kranky1

kranky1 Road Train Member

Sep 16, 2015
    Ontario, Canada
    Wait til they force speed limiters on all of you. You’re going to love that ####, I can tell already.

Last Call Thanks this.
  4. Wasted Thyme

Wasted Thyme Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2020
    GOAT watching
    Most companies have a zero tolerance policy on u turn. It's the dumbest thing you could ever do. SMH

Savor the Flavor Thanks this.
  5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Dang driver. Sorry for your misfortune. These companies are evolving something serious when it comes to monitoring drivers. We just had the cameras installed in the whole fleet not long ago, outward facing. Don't get caught coasting down a hill at 80 plus or safety is gonna call. Speed and following distance are the only things in which I've heard drivers get calls from safety about. I did run a red light the other morning. Oops. I hope that don't result in a phone call. I'll have to tighten up on that. As drivers, we all are gonna have to tighten up. The industry is going in that direction as far as reputable companies are concerned. It's gonna get to the point where bigger companies(as in megas or mega-like companies) will all have cameras in the trucks.

6. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
    If I may speak for my fellow motorcyclists.
    I appreciate all drivers that complete a full, legal stop when required.

7. rockeee

rockeee Medium Load Member

Apr 22, 2015
    Kalama, Wa
    Ok. That's 1

jethro712 Thanks this.
  8. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    Which is retarded.

There’s no reason a guy shouldn’t be able to make a safe U turn. Hell in GA, AR and TN there’s places you MUST swing up the road and then make a u turn or you’ll run into a problem area.

Gearjammin' Penguin Thanks this.
  9. Mototom

May 7, 2019
    There’s literally nothing wrong with completing a safe and legal u turn.

unless you only deliver to major DCs you’ll have to do them occasionally.

10. supersnackbar

supersnackbar Road Train Member

Aug 19, 2007
    Your Town, USA
    We're talking about a u-turn on a road that isn't designed for semi's to do one. There are a lot of US and state routes in suburban MI that have no left turn lanes, they have you blow past the road, then have a designated u-turn red light...and it's a lot less of a PITA then the jug-handle crap Jersey does.

11. Mototom

May 7, 2019
    Still yet not designed for =\= unsafe.

Any stop light, stop sign or open visibility highway it should be a non issue. It’s not like he tried to cut across a median cross over on the interstate, or go from the right hand shoulder on a 60mph biway to the opposite right lane. Attests that’s what I’m assuming.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.