Got home last night

Discussion in 'Melton' started by crzyjarmans, Feb 8, 2015.

1. crzyjarmans

crzyjarmans Road Train Member

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    Just a few lines to say thank you to everyone at Melton, I was offered a local job that I couldn't refuse, as I hated to give notice to Melton, but being home every day with my family and friends was just to enticing to pass up, My DM was Misty Spring, and was very happy with her, I will truly miss driving for the company, most everyone I have met have been great, thank you all for a awesome experience, Shawn trk 8860

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Good stuff! Home daily!

You sure you won't miss the OTR . . . .?

4. pattyj

pattyj Road Train Member

Jul 19, 2008
    Sioux City,ia
    Congratulations,hope this local job works out.But sounds like you had a real good relationship with Melton so they would not have any problems rehireing you if need be.

5. Chaps

Chaps Light Load Member

Nov 22, 2014
    South Carolina
    You left without burning any bridges & sounds like you enjoyed working for them. Good for you, more folks should try doing that.

Good luck with the new job!

6. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    Congrats and enjoy being home!

7. RetiredUSN

RetiredUSN Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2015
    Grats Shawn! Hope everything goes great for ya! Nice to see a "kudos" being tossed at a company as well.

8. TruckDuo

TruckDuo Road Train Member

Oct 21, 2012
    Chicago, IL
    Congrats on finding the right job ! Being home every night with the wife and kids....can't beat that.

9. crzyjarmans

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    Thanks for all the responses, blairandgretchen, won't say "I won't miss the OTR thing, because I'm sure there will be times I'll miss the road, hope everyone stays safe out there, I'll still be here on this site

10. crzyjarmans

Jun 9, 2010
    Home
    Thanks again pattyj, I was told I could always return to Melton, My dispatchers told me to contact her personal if I ever wanted to return, she would try and fast track me back, I told her, that's great, I appreciate it, I've been home 2 weeks today, so far the job is great, no complaints that I can come up with, the other drivers there are friendly so far and have a good sense of humor, started work on Friday 13, Worked 8 hours, Friday is the last day of the pay period, so I got a 8 hour check for a net of $184.70, not to bad for 8 hours and then being home with the wife, This weeks check for 41.5 hours will be a gross of $1056.25 I get some may complain about this, but for me? this is great pay for being home after only 8 hours of work a day, Got a flat on the last load of the day, and had to wait for a tire guy to come and fix, which got me the 1.5 OT, Stay safe, I see there has been a lot of nasty whether sense I got off the road

TruckDuo and jomar68 Thank this.
  11. bnrobot

bnrobot Light Load Member

Jan 17, 2014
    So. CA
    Good stuff! I would only leave Melton in this Kind of situation too! Awesome Job though id be Happy with it. Cant beat being home. Is it stillflatbed just local?

Anyways congrats. I have the same dm and yes shes pretty awesome

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.