Great plains transport

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by MrLincoln, Dec 20, 2016.

1. Knucklehead

Knucklehead Road Train Member

Jan 21, 2006
    Went to orientation last week. LP plan seems good. They treat you as an o/o right from the get go. I talk to a lease op everyday, and he is getting good miles. Pay per mile is decent for a l/p.

They are out of 2014s, from what I gather. They're going to go over prices after the beginning of the year. Once they do, I'll begin my journey. But I'll hate to give up my Volvo! Best truck I've ever driven.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Anonymousproxy

Anonymousproxy Road Train Member

Mar 2, 2015
    The Volvo’s are nice, except the reliability isn’t what it used to be. (Then against no one builds stuff like they used to). I looked at the new freightliners last time I was in the shop, the new hood looks nice, the inside reminds me a bit of the old FLD’s, just not as much storage space as the Volvo’s. Plus I noticed they are switching back to all carrier reefers and APUs. I think maybe the reliability with the thermo king stuff isn’t as good as they hoped. Since I moved in this truck last fall I’ve only had to get the APU fixed once when it was new, and the only real problems I’ve had since was the espar heater getting wonky at high altitudes (5000’ +).

Last edited: Nov 1, 2017
  4. Knucklehead

Jan 21, 2006
    I like that Kevin asks what kind of truck you want. I figured I'd try a Volvo, since I had never driven one before. He came back into orientation saying the only Volvo the shop had ready was a 2018. Guess what I got. :headbang:

5. Anonymousproxy

Mar 2, 2015
  6. Surefyre

Surefyre Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2017
    Would anyone care to share a lease purchase a weekly settlement with us so we can see what's going on with the pay? I was told average net income between 1350 and 2300 a week and I want to see how accurate that is before I jump off any Bridges. Thanks for your time look forward to hearing from you guys.

7. Knucklehead

Jan 21, 2006
    I'm not l/p yet. I figured fixed costs as approx $1500/wk. At 3000 mi/wk, you'll get above what you've heard.

This is a no-frills company. You pay for everything, get nothing besides your percentage. But you get decent miles with an ok rate, compared to most other companies that lease.

Surefyre Thanks this.
  8. Surefyre

Surefyre Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2017
    I usually figure wages at 2200-2350 Just for conservation's sake. You company right now then? Been talking to Kevin today, I'm hopeful this will work out. I'll run my ### off, just hope it pays as good as they say, he sounded like they had a pretty good program. Just sad they don't have any newer Pete's, from what I garnered, they have volvos and freightshakers?

9. Anonymousproxy

Mar 2, 2015
    Volvo’s and freightliners. I’m currently driving a ‘17 Volvo as company driver. The one negative with the Volvo’s is their about 500lbs heavier than the older version cascadias, so heavy loads are a bit trickier. There’s an exemption for the APU weight, but there’s still a few states that don’t honor it, and as I found out in Wyoming they can still pull you around back and give you a warning(I weighed at a cat scale but the Wyoming state scale was in some dinky little town just south of the Yellowstone area, so who knows if that place was accurate)

10. Knucklehead

Jan 21, 2006
    I'm a company driver as well. I'm in a bit of a slump right now, thanx to slow shippers and consignees. Otherwise, they're on the ball with getting me loaded with long distance freight.

11. Surefyre

Surefyre Bobtail Member

Oct 26, 2017
    What area do they run the most? Where do you run alot? They have ELD?Or in-cab scanners for trip paperwork? Or just trip pak boxes?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.