Gross safety infraction

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Davisio201, Dec 5, 2021.

1. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    Ever have a landing man on top of the load with a paint can and a branding hammer and forget he was up there?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. TROOPER to TRUCKER

TROOPER to TRUCKER Anything Is Possible

Dec 15, 2014
    Charlotte, NC
    Imagine actually unloading someone. It has to have happened but what about by accident.

D.Tibbitt, Pamela1990 and Boondock Thank this.
  4. Rideandrepair

Rideandrepair Road Train Member

Aug 8, 2015
    When in doubt, walk back and make sure the dock door is closed.

nredfor88, D.Tibbitt, Mototom and 2 others Thank this.
  5. Capacity

Capacity Road Train Member

Jul 28, 2019
    Neenah Wi
    Automatic Termination @ KC

Bean Jr., Boondock and Pamela1990 Thank this.
  6. LoboSolo

LoboSolo Heavy Load Member

Jun 21, 2013
    Highway 20
    If theres going to be a fatal incident in a warehouse, the odds involve a forklift at the dock. Would you want that on your shoulders for the rest of your life?

Red lights/green lights, doesn't matter. Get off yer lazy ### and go check the back of yer trailer every single time, before it moves. Every single time. Either the warehouse door is closed, or there's a chain across it, and theres nothing "extra" still in your trailer.

If someone in the warehouse gives you any lip, just tell them you're doing it for their safety. They don't like it, ask their safety supervisor.

7. jamespmack

jamespmack Road Train Member

Mar 25, 2014
    OH

I can think of a hundred places that you will not get inside to check trailer period. Your instructed to follow the light.

roshea, nredfor88 and Lonesome Thank this.
  8. Six9GS

Six9GS Road Train Member

Dec 3, 2012
    Yuma, AZ
    I don't remember where it was and it was probably over a year ago. But, had a dockworker guy come out and tell me I was done and could pull out, the dock light contraption was still red, but he said it was broke. Before I pulled out, you bet I went back and looked to verify my DOT bar was no longer grabbed, the dock plate was up and the dock door was closed. Then I cautionously eased out just enough to close the doors and checked that things inside the trailer were as they should be.
    Yeah, it's a big no no to pull out on a red dock light. But, the world ain't perfect and mechanical/electrical contraptions do break. So, I guess it can happen that you might need to. It happened to me. But, those are the times you better ensure a vigilant amount of safety is followed I guess.

9. Pamela1990

Pamela1990 Road Train Member

Nov 7, 2021
    B.C. Canada

When I go to the refinery for a load of fuel, I park, pull out the key, and hand it to the attendant. You get the key back once your truck is loaded, and paperwork done, not before.

Bean Jr., dwells40 and Diesel Dave Thank this.
  10. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    You guys are rough! Where’s your holiday spirit? It is after thanksgiving, after all. He probably just thought how nice it was of ‘em to have their Christmas lights up.

Speed_Drums, JoeyJunk, Milr72 and 5 others Thank this.
  11. Diesel Dave

Diesel Dave Last Few of the OUTLAWS

Jan 20, 2010
    Hesperia, Ca.
    Only time I hand my keys over was at a prison delivery. And they told us ahead of time, you can’t wear “Blue” jeans in the facility. You would be turned away if you wore blue jeans.

Pamela1990 Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.