Halvor lines info please

Discussion in 'Motor Carrier Questions - The Inside Scoop' started by Lwood53, Nov 12, 2014.

1. Lwood53

Lwood53 Medium Load Member

Aug 5, 2014
    Yea you right, appreciate it. I hope so they said it was a good area for them just hoping for the best. I guess they wouldn't want to hire me if I wouldn't be able to get home. I hope those drivers chim in with some info.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Lwood53

Aug 5, 2014
    The primary running lanes would probably be midwest to northeast?

4. robmayce

robmayce Bobtail Member

Dec 2, 2014
    right on too these comments, form nc stay away you be lucky to get home worked at hl for 8 yrs

5. Lwood53

Aug 5, 2014
    So living in NC, you wouldn't suggest working for Halvor?

6. Lwood53

Aug 5, 2014
    If not Halvor, then who would you suggest?

Chinatown and loose_leafs Thank this.
  7. loose_leafs

loose_leafs Road Train Member

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN
    why not just go with Millis out of Black River Falls, WI?

I know they have a terminal somewhere in North Carolina. they are a decent company to start out with in my opinion. If you compare them to halvor lines, they are about a wash as far as pay and benefits go.

I know that Millis definitely has more consistent freight in North Carolina.

and at least they have a terminal in your home state, vs only having the one way up in Northern Wisconsin.

8. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Try not to over think your first job. Your first company probably won't be the one you retire from anyway. It's easy to become frustrated for a new driver because there's so much to choose from. Right now focus on some good safe OTR experience and 6 - 12 months from now you will have a much better idea of where you want to go with your new career. It's not unusual to go through 2 or 3 companies the first part of your career, so don't let that be of concern.

9. loose_leafs

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN
    living that far from the terminal though, he is totally at their mercy for going home. that is just something I could never be comfortable with.

10. Lwood53

Aug 5, 2014
    Yea that's true, just trying to make a good decision. Right now I have Knight, Magnum Companies, Cargo Transporters, Werner, USA Truck on my list. I tried Millis but I already have my CDL & I still would have to go through their school and pay for it, that's what they said. Which company would be the best for living in nc

11. loose_leafs

Jan 3, 2014
    Old Man River, MN
    scratch Werner and USA truck off your list, they are consistently horrible and two of the company's people complain the most about on here

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.