Hands and wrist gets sore

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by WrongWay30, May 28, 2011.

1. LSAgentOZR

LSAgentOZR Road Train Member

Nov 1, 2011
    Nashville, TN
    Gutter Ball! :biggrin_2559: Great minds think alike Canuck... It was my first thought when seeing this thread title.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Krooser

Krooser Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    I probably should't even reply to this whizbang....

It isn't the two years of staring at blacktop and docking that makes you a trucker... that simply makes you a steering wheel holder. Maybe, in a few years, you'll be a truck driver than graduate to a trucker.

You'll know the difference if you ever get that far.

As far as the OP original question.... with these easy driving trucks of today how hard do you have to hang on when running down the interstates anyway? I would think it would be common sense just to take a deep breath and relax... let go of that death grip on the wheel. Change your seating position on occasion... relax.

And, yes, I do have carpal tunnel in both wrists... bad stuff.

4. WSOR4492

WSOR4492 Bobtail Member

Feb 5, 2011
    Madison, WI
    I've started to develop pain in my left wrist recently. My left hand is my main driving hand. Right hand seems to be more along for the ride and flipping switches, changing channels, or grabbing food and drink while I'm driving. Anyhow, I had my chiropractor look at my wrist, and she said the constant vibrartion even if it's small vibrations move the small bones in the wrist out of aliagnment. She recommends writing your ABC's in the air while resting your arm on the arm rest to relax/stretch the muscle and ligiments allowing these small bones to work themselves back in to normal aliagnment. I've started doing this and must admit it does help. This may work for you also.

5. Krooser

Krooser Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2010
    Wisconsin
    Geez... now we have to try to remember our ABC's?

6. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I used to have the same problem with a sore right hand from holding the trigger on the welding whip of a LN25 wire feed too tightly all day. I had to consciously and constantly remind myself that it doesn't take that much pressure to keep the trigger engaged. Once I got that down, no more sore painful wrist and hand.

Your truck's alignment might be slightly off creating harmonic resonance through the steering wheel aggravating some deep down existing carpal tunnel issue in your wrist. Maybe alternate hands on the wheel, use different holding positions on the steering wheel during the shift to 'change up' the stresses on your hands/wrists.

7. Saienga

Saienga Medium Load Member

Jul 28, 2009
    "D" comes next, if I remember correctly.

8. Big Don

Big Don "Old Fart"

Sep 8, 2007
    Utah's DIXIE!
    I'll bet it worked, too!:biggrin_2559:

and that stands for DUH. . .:biggrin_25525:

Wargames Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.