Hazmat finger prints

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by Truckingdaytrader, Feb 3, 2023.

1. Truckingdaytrader

Truckingdaytrader Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2022
    How do I find where to have this done? If I get my TWIC will that cover the fingerprint requirements?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Dennixx

Dennixx Road Train Member

Feb 13, 2010
    twin cities
  4. Judge

Judge Road Train Member

Mar 19, 2014
    Arkansas
    No.
    Maybe.

Where I did mine was two separate buildings, may be different in a big city, did hazmat fingerprint in my hometown did twic in Memphis TN

5. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

Identigo does fingerprints for both TWIC & HazMat. If you get both of them you get a $20-30 discount because they use the same background check. After I got my TWIC I used it precisely twice, both at the same customer. NOBODY else I went to pulling HazMat tanker cared about TWIC, I believe some ports, railyards, etc use some other sort of super-duper ID because TWIC wasn't secure enough. If you can afford both, get both. No company is going to NOT hire you because you have a TWIC, but you may never use it. The companies that use it often will put it in their job requirements.

Truckingdaytrader and ducnut Thank this.
  6. 147Grain

147Grain Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2023
    No, TWIC prints CAN be used for HME, but you have to tell them you want BOTH when your printed or you can connect your HME to your TWIC prints online through Idemia like I had to do because I wrongfully assumed that TWIC was all I had to do for both when I was initially printed.

I had mine done at a Staples that does all three and now I unnecssarily have all three because I got a KTN a year ago.

Also, being a Known Traveler with a KTN does nothing for TWIC, but you can use TWIC like your KTN.

Truckingdaytrader Thanks this.
  7. Truckingdaytrader

Truckingdaytrader Light Load Member

Dec 27, 2022
    Twic is expensive so I'll probably hold off until a company requires it... then maybe I can convince them to pay for it.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.