hazmat texas

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by dieselpowered, Dec 2, 2018.

1. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    I have a question whats required for hazmat endorsement I was told I need do fingerprints, written test someone told me driving test can anyone confirm or deny the last one sounds like I will have to do that to renew also.
    I could understand two of those but a driving test seems a little dumb then would there be a pretrip? or just drive test seems me more money for them than anything.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Moose1958

Moose1958 Road Train Member

Dec 17, 2010
    Williesburg, Virignia
    You have to go through the TSA screening. Once approved you go take the hazmat test. There is no driving test for a simple adding the endorsement.

x1Heavy Thanks this.
  4. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Things have changed big time since 9-11 and continue to tighten and evolve every year.

I used to hold a Hazmat many years but today I would not touch the #### thing with a ten foot pole for what they are asking. It's not worth it.

I will know things have reached a tipping point when new babies are born in California and are tagged legal to emit breathing.

5. ExOTR

ExOTR Windshield Chipper Extraordinaire

Jan 23, 2013
    Fort Worth, Tx
    Cost/Process for Hazmat endorse in Texas
    When I had retest(let it expire) for the endorsement in Dallas a few years back I had to test 1st.
    I paid the fee to DPS and took the computer based Hazmat test, and they gave me the form for fingerprinting after taking a new license picture. Fingerprinting was done by an outside company called morphotrust, was about a 3 day wait to get an open appt slot. There were three locations in DFW if I remember correctly. Fingerprinting appt only takes 10 min. Once I was fingerprinted I received my updated license from Texas about 4 weeks later.

I just linked thread I started 2 years ago.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.