Headed to tmc in a few weeks to attend thier cdl program

Discussion in 'TMC' started by Kansasboy, Dec 28, 2015.

1. Kansasboy

Kansasboy Light Load Member

Dec 15, 2015
    Hello. So headed to tmc for there cdl program. I know people frown upon it. But no school in my area takes the gi bill and iam not paying 5k outta my pocket. Plus my wife said look u can run for 1 year as much as u want. Then at the end of a year were gonna buy 2 trucks and go from there. Iam wondeering to you get detention pay at tmc. If so how much is it. Also has anyone ever actually gotten the money from the va apprentice program. How much was is and how long it take. My brother says tmc is a great starter company just wont make any real money with them. He has been driving for trans am for 2 years now and he brings home around 2100 a week net. But he hasnt been home in almost 7 months. Plus he has a student with him at all times. His truck hasnt stopped rolling in a year literally. Sorry got side tracked lol. Just wondering has anyone went tbrough tmc cdl program. How was it. I thinkbthe commit time is 9mths if iam not mistaken. Any pointers anyone can give me headed into this would be great

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    One step at a time brother

Highway Sailor, pattyj and Puppage Thank this.
  4. Kansasboy

Dec 15, 2015
    Trust me lol baby steps.

pattyj Thanks this.
  5. Puppage

Puppage Road Train Member

Aug 2, 2012
    Connecticut
    Best of luck to you. Looking forward to your updates.

blairandgretchen and pattyj Thank this.
  6. SHOJim

SHOJim Road Train Member

Apr 19, 2011
    Columbus, Ohio
    TMC has a cdl program now?

Natethetrucker04 and A_C_Cooper Thank this.
  7. G13Tomcat

G13Tomcat Road Train Member

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
    did you inquire to @Chinatown ??

Good luck with your new endeavors, also!

SHOJim Thanks this.
  8. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
  9. G13Tomcat

Jun 7, 2011
    Ohio
  10. adjust fire

adjust fire Bobtail Member

Sep 13, 2014
    Central TX
    What does your brother consider real money for a solo driver? I have done very well at TMC and I go home almost every weekend. Is he considering the retirement benefits? TMC is hard to beat with their ESOP. You may find a company that pays a bit more up front but between pay, insurance, retirement, and equipment I haven't found anyone else (except maybe Walmart) who has a better total package.
    There are other good companies out there but TMC is not just for starters. I recently met a 3,000,000 mile driver, and we have a lot of 1 and 2 mil mile drivers as well.
    TMC is not a place for whiners, crybabies, or the lazy. those are the guys who fail to do well. If you want to work, suck up the bad days, focus on the good ones, you will be rewarded here. If that doesn't sound like your cup of tea, this might not be a good fit for you. If that sounds good, bring it!

11. Kansasboy

Dec 15, 2015
    Adjust firw iam ready to come to tmc. I have been looking forward to this for a few months now iam ready for tbe challange. Since u work for tmc now. What kind of loads will i honeatly get living in kansas. And u have any tips for me going into all this

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.