Heartland Express

Discussion in 'Discuss Your Favorite Trucking Company Here' started by Stacey76, Mar 21, 2017.

1. Stacey76

Stacey76 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Starting this thread to let everyone know how it is going. Just arrived here in Jacksonville Fl this evening. Start Orientation tomorrow. They do put you in a decent motel. My room is very nice. I will say it's a lot better than the Knight's Inn in Indiapolis that Werner put me in years ago. I will let you know how this goes..

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    Subscribed hope it works out for you.

Stacey76 Thanks this.
  4. Swedish Chef

Swedish Chef Heavy Load Member

Apr 30, 2013
    Charlotte, NC
    Good luck! Hope it works out for you!

Stacey76 Thanks this.
  5. Ooops

Ooops Medium Load Member

Aug 17, 2016
  6. gpf87

gpf87 Heavy Load Member

Feb 2, 2017
    Good luck !

Are you going to be doing the Florida regional,Southeast regional or 48 state otr ?

Stacey76 Thanks this.
  7. Stacey76

Stacey76 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2017
    I'm going to be running Southeast Regional

bigred81 Thanks this.
  8. Stacey76

Stacey76 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2017
    I've rid them, but pretty much every company around has a lot of bad Post. Not saying this company is a good one or not, I will soon find out. I haven't found one without a lot of bad reviews though besides maybe Southern Pride. To me a lot has to do with the dispatcher and you you are as a driver. It has been a long time since I've been out on the road, time will tell. There's not a lot of company's to chose from living in the Daytona Area. Almost as bad as Southern Il. My dad worked for Gordon and he liked it, only problem he had was he came on to run team with a friend of his to help him out and after a couple of months things changed so he went back to the company he was at before. I will give it a shot and hope for the best..

Lonesome, Shock Therapy and Ooops Thank this.
  9. Vic Firth

Vic Firth Road Train Member

Jan 19, 2016
    Indiana
    How's it going for you Stacey?

10. GoLowes48

GoLowes48 Light Load Member

Feb 26, 2015
    Hope your orientation is going, or went very well, and you got issued a nice truck. :)

11. Stacey76

Stacey76 Bobtail Member

Jan 29, 2017
    Orientation went good. They put you in a nice motel- no having to share rooms anymore. Restaurant they take you to for lunch everyday is very good. Yes, I did get a truck. New hires get right now a Freightliner Cascadia or a International Max force. 2015 or newer. After you been with them 8 years you get a new Kenworth. I did get to talk to several people that have been drivers there for over 15+ years. As soon as I got done with orientation I had a load. Got in at 7 this morning. I asked to go home this weekend. Wasn't a problem. Already preplanned for Monday to head to Jacksonville then to Alabama. I am running the 10 state land right now. You have a choice what lane you want to run and you can switch when you want after 90 days. Only thing so far I don't like is the people's net. That will take some getting use too. You really have to preplan your day before you go on the clock. Also now they guarantee you 2100 mile pay your first 8weeks to help you get use to it. There are some there I talked to getting 3000 miles a week. That's it so far. Will keep ya posted

jraulpilot1998, Ooops, ExOTR and 4 others Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.