Help lease op

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by newbdriver, Jan 14, 2019.

1. newbdriver

newbdriver Light Load Member

Jun 5, 2017
    Hi I'm a company driver for western express pulling flatbed. I was wondering if I could get some advice for a new company to lease with that has no restrictions on pets 2 dogs and a cat..thank you!! And also opinions or advice for a newbie leaser this will be my first time

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    Here’s the best advice you’re going to get.

DO NOT DO A LEASE PURCHASE!

If you want to know why, just search this forum.

You can refer back to this thread to thank me in a year, after you’ve lost your rear end on a lease purchase because you didn’t listen. At that time, you may also say “I sure wish I would have listened”.

Western flyer, I glide 47 and Lonesome Thank this.
  4. newbdriver

Jun 5, 2017
    Why not? I'm not talking about with western either I know better then that but with a different company still no?

5. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    What are your expectations? Other than being able to keep the dogs and cat. I don’t really care what you tell me. Be honest with yourself.

Taking on this kind of debt and business obligation just for your pets, seems a bit extreme.

Most lease deals will allow you to take your pets. It’s your truck for all intents and purposes. There will be restrictions placed on you. But those usually only apply to the equipment itself. And involve some heavy fees when you turn it back in.

6. newbdriver

Jun 5, 2017
    Honestly I want to make good money without being a full blown o/o bc I'm not comfortable taking that on yet. I'd like to lease with a company to dip my toes in and see if I could handle being a full blown o/o ..o/o out here are 50/50 best thing ever or worst decision they made. So instead of rushing in I thought if I lease with a company I'd have a better idea what I'd be looking at if I were to become an o/o

7. newbdriver

Jun 5, 2017
    I'm talking more of leasing with a large company where I wouldn't actually end up owning my own rig

8. Snakeschasingcars

Snakeschasingcars Heavy Load Member

Mar 22, 2018
    You want to make good money... With 2 dogs a cat and s partridge in a pear tree?

Either you want tonmake money... Or run around with a rolling zoo stoping every 100 miles or more...

akfisher, Mooseontheloose and Yelsew Thank this.
  9. newbdriver

Jun 5, 2017
    Lol you know it the more the merrier

10. SteerTire

SteerTire Road Train Member

Nov 5, 2018
    Behind the wheel
    Look for a company that pays percentage and let’s you pick your own loads.

As an O/O you need to know how to choose freight and freight lanes that provide enough revenue to cover your bills and leaves you with enough to enjoy life occasionally.

And you can’t learn that letting someone else choose your freight.

Eddiec and newbdriver Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.