[HELP PLEASE!] System Trans, TWT, JJW...

Discussion in 'TWT' started by 0260, Feb 11, 2012.

1. 0260

0260 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2011
    WA
    I posted this same post on another thread, but no replies...maybe someone here can help me?

Anyone currently working for System Trans, TWT, or JJ Williams? How's life over at tSi? I am considering applying while I'm still in school and would like to start at System Trans to get some flatbed under my belt, possibly work my way over to TWT for some reefer experience and eventually get some tanker experience over at JJW. Any opinions/experience/advice would be soooo helpful. Thanks ahead!
    :biggrin_25519:

O&O,

Zero

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Horton72

Horton72 Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Spokane,WA
    I worked for TWT till a few weeks ago. I cant speak for how it is for the Flatbed side (Trans-System) is. Students go out with a trainer for 8 weeks, pay is $500 a week. Orientation is 7 days now, they recently added a defensive driving course,used to be 3 days. In orientation they say for TWT you stay out for 10 to 14 days then get some home time.

They're replacing the older trucks with new KW's, doesn't mean you'll get a new one right away quite a few drivers are still driving the older ones.

TWT doesn't cover the 48 states, you'll be down in San Diego,LA area nearly weekly to bring produce up to the Portland area, or Puyallup,Wa. for Fred Meyer distribution account.They have Foster Farms and Tyson they'll want you to haul down.

My only complaint about em really is they have a shortage of trainers,when I went through orientation I had to wait nearly 3 weeks to get on a truck, but I suppose that's normal with alot of companys out there.

0260 Thanks this.
  4. 0260

0260 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2011
    WA
    Thanks for the reply and the info buddy, I appreciate it! Are you not technically hired until you go out with a trainer? 3 weeks seems like a lot of time to go without being hired and not getting paid.

5. Horton72

Horton72 Bobtail Member

Oct 1, 2011
    Spokane,WA
    technically you're hired on the last day of orientation when they assign you a driver code , give you fuel cards, and they've done they're background checks and drug screen has come back.

You don't start getting paid till you set foot on you're trainers truck. You're trainer can get you an advance on you're fuel card that you can withdraw once you're on his truck to help you survive on the road till you get pay deposited in you're checking account.

Something else you should know is, once you go through orientation and they may not have a trainer for you right away and send you home to wait, be ready to roll at a moments notice. Once they got me a trainer assigned I had one hour to pack up and get to the terminal,I had to hitch a ride from different drivers to catch up with my trainer in California,took almost 36 hours to get to him,so bring some food money if you can.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2012
  6. militrucker

militrucker Light Load Member

Aug 29, 2010
    Washington
    I would avoid the jjw side of the company, I started with them then went over to twt. The only reason I left twt was my dispatcher was being a dick and over at jjw, well that's a long story.

7. 0260

0260 Light Load Member

Dec 12, 2011
    WA
    They let you start on tankers with no experience? Or did you have some driving experience before you got hired?

8. Irishtrucker

Irishtrucker Medium Load Member

Jul 20, 2009
    Sacramento CA
    Im looking into TWT, recruiter told me the system side is giving preference to their own students.

Anyone there at the moment with info, greatly appreciated

9. Maximus777

Maximus777 Bobtail Member

Sep 9, 2013
    I'm hoping to get my pre-hire message from TWT. I hope I fing have to wait to long for Trainer. Thanks for your words on company.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.