Help...thermo king sb 200

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by NY213, Jan 20, 2018.

1. NY213

NY213 Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2018
    I have a thermo king sb 200. I raised the temperature to 80 to defrost the ice inside. Now that I need to lower the temperature the control button to lower the temperature is not catching so I am unable to lower the temperature in the reefer unit. I checked the wires. Everything looks good. When I hit the button nothing happens so my reefer unit is not stuck on 80. This happen to anyone. I would appreciate some advice.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Nukem

Nukem Road Train Member

May 11, 2014
    I assume that you have changed the set point to 80. So changing the set point doesn't work? Have you tried turning it off, then on again? are they're faults?

4. NavigatorWife

NavigatorWife Road Train Member

Apr 30, 2012
    Cental West, AL
    Is it low on what is it, freon, antifreeze, oil. If so you will most likely have to go by the service dept at the units brand to be serviced. Sorry I can't remember which fluid it is that my husband has had to go by Carrier or some odd place, to be recharged.

5. NY213

NY213 Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2018
    I tried that, their are no fault.

6. NY213

NY213 Bobtail Member

Jan 20, 2018
    It has all the fluids, engine comes on good. The button to lower the temp just does not work, so it is stuck on 80..

7. Timin770

Timin770 Road Train Member

May 27, 2011
    Canton, GA
    Call TK and maybe they can phone fix you. If not you might have to visit TK. Hopefully its something cheap or free

8. tnevin225

tnevin225 Road Train Member

Jan 1, 2014
    Cheap and Free are two words you will never hear at a TK dealer.o_O

9. STexan

STexan Road Train Member

Oct 3, 2011
    Longview, TX
    Have you recently been in a heavy rain or at the truck/trailer wash? Maybe some water got inside the control panel and maybe after it dries a bit you may get use of the button again.

FWIW, next time just hit the defrost button and don't mess with raising the temp that high.

But if I was you, I'd start looking for an SB service place that's open or has emergency weekend service. Generally, when those panels start going bad, there is no recovery and you're going to have future issues that you can't afford until the panel is replaced. No, it won't be cheap, but that's life in the reefer biz.

Hopefully it's a newer unit still under warranty.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2018
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.