Here we go…

Discussion in 'Truckers News' started by zep1218, Aug 4, 2021.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VA CDL Holder

VA CDL Holder Medium Load Member

Jun 14, 2011
    That's the idea, as the nation slowly starves to death due to supply chain disruptions. Or they just lower the hiring standard a tad bit, you know, to find that special type of person who will bow to authority and do as they are told.

JoeyJunk Thanks this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. zep1218

zep1218 Light Load Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Agawam
  4. skallagrime

skallagrime Road Train Member

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    "Last month, the U.S. Department of Justice (DOJ) issued a Memorandum Opinion clearing the way for such mandates.

The DOJ’s memo contended that mandatory workplace vaccine policies are permissible under the Food, Drug and Cosmetic Act (FDCA).

Specifically, Section 564 of the FDCA permits employers to impose the COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment even when the vaccine is subject to the Emergency Use Authorization (EUA) process.

Simply put, the DOJ argued that the vaccine mandates are not coercive and employees can freely choose to receive or refuse a COVID-19 vaccine but admitted refusal could result in termination."

So its not coercion, but its mandatory with threats of termination...

"co·er·cion
    noun
    the practice of persuading someone to do something by using force or threats."

tjh, Northern Nomad and Kyle G. Thank this.
  5. skallagrime

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    Hmmmm, so, if im vaccinated i can charge double? And because freight isnt moving, even non-mandate prone companies are paying a premium?

This feels a bit win win for vaccinated AND unvaccinated truckers

6. Lunatic Fringe

Lunatic Fringe Medium Load Member

Oct 1, 2016
    There's a clear exemption for being unvaccinated on religious grounds. No need to buy a goat or wear magic underwear - Christians and Catholics are covered.

If you choose to bend the knee and get vaccinated anyway - while the manufacturers are exempt from any liability for side effects, injury or death from the vaccine an employer that forces you to get vaccinated has no such exemption and may be sued for any adverse effects experienced as a result the vaccine. The Covid vaccines have more adverse effects than all other vaccines combined going back many years. Lets see how long companies keep forcing employees to get vaccinated after the trial lawyers start suing them back to the stone age.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2021
    tjh, Kyle G. and Mototom Thank this.
  7. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    Their company, their rules. Don't like it, go get your own numbers and make your own rules.....

gentleroger Thanks this.
  8. Mototom

Mototom Road Train Member

May 7, 2019
    That’s right it’s their company.
    I hope they get their ### sued off by any of their employees who experience side effects.
    If the person ends up disabled or dies, I hope the victim or their family bank roll that #### hole.
    I don’t give a rats ### what your or anyone else’s view on covid is. Forcing someone to be medicated with a substance that has side effects is NOT ok or morally sound.
    Could you imagine “you can’t wear a mask if you wanna work here”
    Or
    “You have to take prep or oral contraceptives if you want to work here”

tjh, Northern Nomad and Kyle G. Thank this.
  9. nikmirbre

nikmirbre Road Train Member

Jul 27, 2011
    High Point NC
    I never mentioned any of my views about covid, I just mentioned that its their company and their rules
    Work elsewhere if you don't wanna follow the rules, plain and simple.

gentleroger Thanks this.
  10. Last Call

Last Call Road Train Member

Mar 15, 2021
    The truth be known.. I would bet the White House is offering a Tax credit to companies for each employee that gets the needle

drvrtech77, Northern Nomad and Kyle G. Thank this.
  11. skallagrime

Apr 10, 2012
    Indiana
    So not buying the magical sky-daddy of any religion (dont get me wrong, religions are onto something for sure, every civilisation has had one or more large religion, theyre certainly doing sometheing and not all negative by a long stretch)

Anyway, as i was saying, can i claim religious exemption as an atheist since politics has morphed to a cult level institution?

Kyle G. Thanks this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

• Thread Status:
    Not open for further replies.