Hey...pssst... That one guy is here!

Discussion in 'Truck Stops' started by BigBob410, Oct 31, 2017.

1. Hoofbeats

Hoofbeats Road Train Member

Jan 27, 2010
    Iraq
    The idea is to get them to leave. It's the only way they'll shut up. Ask them what the NEC is for seals.

I was at a terminal one time. This one driver was talking it up. He had a couple of drivers hanging on every word. An other driver was just rolling his eyes. Navy SEAL guy made the mistake of say when he went through training. Turns out rolling eyes guy's father was a SEAL instructor during that time so he knew a lot of small details about training at that time. He starts grilling Navy SEAL guy about the color of buildings and what color building had what training classes.

Navy SEAL guy couldn't name any of the instructors,including the other guys father. The Navy SEAL guy got ripped apart and stormed out of the break room. Everyone was laughing at him.

In today's day and age,with technology,every "SEAL" can have a copy of his DD 214 on him. Training isn't "classified." If they took the training,it'll be on their DD 214.

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. scottied67

scottied67 Road Train Member

Mar 14, 2010
    california norte
    I've run into a couple more story-tellers recently. We were in the washout office settling our bills and the guy sees my Eagle Globe and Anchor hat. Starts telling me a ridiculous story how he and his cohorts had cornered a guy named Vladimir Putin and took his briefcase and prevented WWIII or some such.

A few months back I was in the laundry room, a couple walks in and the woman claims to have been a Marine officer who was captured by the Iraqis in Desert Storm. She was eventually rescued and was supposed to go home but got dressed up in that shroud clothing the women wear and snuck into one of the palaces with a 9mm and capped off a prince's 8 year old boy and walked out.

I just nod and smile....

MACK E-6, BigBob410 and Grubby Thank this.
  4. aussiejosh

aussiejosh Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2009
    Airlie Beach QLd
    If there real you won't know that's for sure the ones that have been in it will not reveal where they've been or what they've done, the ones claiming to be are all seeking attention which real soldiers never do.

LGarrison, Grubby, drvrtech77 and 3 others Thank this.
  5. BigBob410

BigBob410 Road Train Member

Feb 2, 2016
    Beirut on the Bay, MD.
    I worked with a retired Gunnery Sargent. No matter how much we poked and prodded he never gave up details about where he'd been or what he'd done. We did a job at a military base and he knew a few guys there and we tried asking them and the only thing they would say is a few places they had been were on the news and a few nobody would ever hear about. These guys were no joke either!! I grew up in a military family that goes way back and if you pay attention you can tell whose been in mostly by the way they carry themselves. And any true hero will never brag!

6. Gorilla Monson

Gorilla Monson Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2018
    MOS stands for military occupational specialty. Basically, the code for what job you had. Army is a number and letter is:13b. I was a Marine and ours is a 4 digit number. The first 2 numbers is what field your job was in and the last 2 are the specific job within that field. I was an 0811. 08 meaning artillery 11 meaning cannoneer. So my title was field artillery cannoneer. Not sure how navy and air force do theirs.

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  7. Gorilla Monson

Gorilla Monson Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2018
    Tell me about it. Got sent to iraq 4 days after my twins were born. Saved all the e mails from home on a floppy disk. Have no idea how to get them onto a hard drive since no computers take floppys now

BigBob410 Thanks this.
  8. Oldironfan

Oldironfan Road Train Member

May 22, 2017

Don't mess with that guy.

9. Gunner75

Gunner75 Road Train Member

Mar 17, 2014
    Jackson Center Ohio
    Navy uses a 2 digit letter followed by 4 digit code called an NEC or navy enlisted classification. Like myself I was a gunners mate, so GM0000. I had no specific classification because I never attended an A school. Someone who is a small arms marksmanship instructor would be a GM0812

Gorilla Monson and BigBob410 Thank this.
  10. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    Pretty sure you can buy a plug and play usb one on amazon pretty cheap. Not sure though. Definitely get that off that disk and into the cloud ASAP though.

Gorilla Monson and BigBob410 Thank this.
  11. boredsocial

boredsocial Road Train Member

Apr 13, 2014
    Louisville, KY
    I ####ing hate people. The sad thing is that I totally know why you nod and smile... it's really not worth the effort.

Why people feel the need to be fake I don't know. The one good thing coming from the death of privacy might be the death of hypocrisy and fakery. Might actually make the loss of privacy worth it come to think of it.

scottied67 and BigBob410 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.