High coolant temperature

Discussion in 'Refrigerated Trucking Forum' started by Dorde89, May 26, 2020.

1. Dorde89

Dorde89 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2016
    I have alarm that shutd down my carrier 14' reefer . Its a00012 code - high coolant temperature. When i cancel the alarm reefer immediately starts to work properly for next couple hours. I checked belts, leaks and coolant level. Everything is good. Can somebody help me pls

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. reeferwrencher

reeferwrencher Medium Load Member

Aug 4, 2018
    You should wash the rad/condensor coil.It's located at top front of the unit behind the grill.Leave the reefer running and spray water onto the coil for 10 minutes or so.You can just use a garden hose or a pressure washer but don't put the nozzle to close to the coil if using pressure as you could flatten the fins on it.
    Scroll through the controller and check the water temperature readings before and after wash and see if there is a large difference. Good luck

Dorde89 Thanks this.
  4. MRMTRANS

MRMTRANS Light Load Member

Apr 28, 2015
    I suppose the the problem could be the temperature sensor or wiring. I had a similar problem in my truck when periodically the coolant tem p guage would just all of the sudden go to 200-250 degrees and immediately come back down to 180. I discovered the insulation on one of the wires to temp sensor had worn to exposed wire and was touching the engine when hitting bumps.

5. Dorde89

Dorde89 Bobtail Member

Aug 5, 2016
    Thanks , i figured it out , it was bad wire who leads to the temp sensor

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.