Hirschbach Lease Dedicated

Discussion in 'Lease Purchase Trucking Forum' started by Kevo The Trucker, Apr 4, 2019.

1. Kevo The Trucker

Kevo The Trucker Bobtail Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Homewood, IL.
    Can anyone tell me about the Hirschbach Lease Dedicated? I'm aware of the minimum guarentee, my question is hows the hometime? For example im in Chicago. Are you allowed to take your 10hr break at home if your delivery is near home?

Last edited: Apr 4, 2019
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Gdog66223

Gdog66223 Road Train Member

Dec 30, 2017
    Coal Town
    There are a couple of threads on here about Hirschbach that say Beware of Hirschbach. So I would advise reading those threads before making a decision. You can type it in up at the right hand corner in the search bar

4. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    Hometime and lease purchase dont go together

jeff18 and slim shady Thank this.
  5. Heaveninamoment

Heaveninamoment Light Load Member

Oct 16, 2018
    Milky Way
    Thats correct sir. I started a lease purchase 14 months ago, i have not been home once. BUT it is working(truck is running well, keeping it maintained) and my truck is halfway paid off. Its a 2014 Cascadia.

wheres da $$$ Thanks this.
  6. dieselpowered

dieselpowered Heavy Load Member

May 16, 2016
    Never leased uncle owns his trucks he told me if you want to stay afloat your truck will be your only home. those who forget this will have problems down the line. He's seen people lease drive 1-2 months take a week off and they go into debt and never get out. You have keep paying for that truck if you really need time off you need to save enough money to afford those payments in your off time you best hope weather, traffic, shipper doesn't impede your route when you return or you just shot yourself in the foot. He found his own loads he built on networks has 5 total trucks 4 others are driving for him when he first purchased his truck he never took a day off for an entire year outside his reset. he paid his truck in cash in one payment but even then there are expenses if you want off time he would suggest going company if you want a home out of a truck, might invest in a truck if you plan to make that truck your home. He has told me being true owner-operator requires such dedication that said you can live out a truck and still go broke if you can't find a load or not get on another load soon enough and want downtime from work.

7. Kevo The Trucker

Kevo The Trucker Bobtail Member

Dec 27, 2010
    Homewood, IL.
    Hey y’all, I just had questions about it. I never said I was going to work for them.

8. mover man

mover man Road Train Member

Feb 21, 2010
    If home time and lease dont work. Then your working for the wrong company.
    Other wise home time and own would not work either.
    Either way lease, or own the bill's dont stop coming because you took time off.

jeff18 Thanks this.
  9. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    I disagree...i do lease purchase and work maybe 9mos out of the year and do quite well for what i do...so i can be done.

Guy B Thanks this.
  10. drvrtech77

drvrtech77 Road Train Member

Mar 20, 2010
    Not really...i do lp and worked 9mos last year and did quite well..

silinus vers Thanks this.
  11. Majestic 670

Majestic 670 Heavy Load Member

May 10, 2016
    Landcruiser
    hirshbach lease drivers make company driver pay after tax it's less.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.