Hogan Transportation

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by LittaBee, Oct 18, 2019.

1. LittaBee

LittaBee Bobtail Member

Oct 18, 2019
    This was my first company my first month put by myself with out a trainer I was in North dakota I missed the entrance ramp to get on the highway so I went in a small little town I seen a place to turn around in to get back to the highway while turning around and going back to the street to leave my trailer tires got stuck in mud which later figured out that the ground broke under me because I was fully loaded I called road rescue to explain to them what happened they send out a tow truck or rotator which ever one it was they picked me up out the mud and I went on my way to deliver the load not one person at this company ever said I was getting A preventable accident on my DAC I was not fired for it I didnt figure oit it was on there until I was looking for another job they pulled my info and it was there I have called numerous plaves trying to get this off here so I can get a decent job but if push comes to shove im pretty F'D for the next 3 years or more

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Tx Countryboy

Tx Countryboy Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2019
    Learn from it.
    Lots of people pay the tow fee themselves to keep off record.

4. Frank Speak

Frank Speak Road Train Member

May 3, 2016
    If you did it, why are trying to get it off of your DAC, and how does that make Hogan a bad company?

5. bryan21384

bryan21384 Road Train Member

Sep 18, 2009
    Memphis, TN
    Why is Hogan a bad company because of you're screw up? In fact, you should have posted under the Favorite Company section. They could have fired you. No sense being mad......YOU DID IT!!! Nonetheless, you're only one month in. Get some more experience, preferably one year, and you can go somewhere else with one preventable. Why are you trying to leave after a month?

6. homeskillet

homeskillet Road Train Member

Jun 1, 2013
    Dayton, OH
    Dude......if you do ANYTHING that requires a tow truck to get you out of it, you're most likely gonna get a preventable.

Next incident you have, you'll probably get fired, so....be careful.

7. Traveling

Traveling Light Load Member

Sep 13, 2019
    It should not be that big of a deal if you a newbie (less than 6 months of experience), sounds like you are panicking.

It could be a big deal if you were to apply driving for Walmart, Ashley Furniture.. but since you have less than 6 months/1-2 years of truck driving experience most likely you will be driving for one of the mega companies with far lower criteria, getting stuck in the mud one time is the least of your worries.

If you end up not having accidents in the next 2 years by the time you qualify driving for a high-paying company such as Ashley Furniture, a minor issue from 2 years ago will not matter that much.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
  8. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    Might as well just let it go and remember this as a lesson for next time you call a tow. Stay with your company and spend your time there. It's unfortunate but remember you are the one who put it there in the hole. Pavement is always best. And extra cash money is even better so that you can clean up your own boo boos without involving the company much.

Texas_hwy_287 and Intothesunset Thank this.
  9. REO6205

REO6205 Trucker Forum STAFF Staff Member

Feb 15, 2014
    California.
    We'll move this out of Bad Company to New Drivers.
    I don't see where Hogan qualifies as a Bad Company in this particular case.

10. Chinatown

Chinatown Road Train Member

Aug 28, 2011
    Henderson, NV & Orient
    Where is your location? Many companies will hire with one preventable.
    Hogan is known for small paychecks.
    You didn't crash the truck, you got stuck in mud.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2019
    Texas_hwy_287 and Lonesome Thank this.
  11. plankton

plankton Medium Load Member

Jan 9, 2015
    How much does it cost, ballpark, to get towed out of being stuck in the mud?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.