Holy S***snacks!!!

Discussion in 'Trucking Accidents' started by mjd4277, Jul 13, 2019.

1. joey8686

joey8686 Light Load Member

Jul 1, 2014
    If your an experienced driver you can generally tell what 4 wheelers will do. Usually the dumbest thing possible. I’m not sure about the US but in Canada they will do whatever they have to to be ahead of a semi, if it means pulling out in front well no problem big trucks can slow down easy right ? Smh ‍♂️ Even other truckers do it up here quite often.

magoo68, Bud A., jammer910Z and 4 others Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. tinytim

tinytim Road Train Member

Oct 29, 2007
    Northern Ontario
    That's what I would have thought about that $90m verdict against werner. You never know in a civil case.

4. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN

I know...that's why so many frivolous personal injury lawsuits are awarded millions of dollars. Maybe it's not that way in Canadia, though.

5. Aamcotrans

Aamcotrans Road Train Member

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    The problem with these lawsuits is that poor people on a jury are happy to throw the screws to a company.

Bud A. and blairandgretchen Thank this.
  6. Aamcotrans

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    He could have if he’d have stayed home or left 5 seconds later than he did...
    Smh

okiedokie Thanks this.
  7. okiedokie

okiedokie Road Train Member

Jun 13, 2011
    PNWET
    Had some dill weed pull out in front of me from a wooded road in the mountains one lovely summer afternoon. All I saw was that little pink bike on the back on his SUV. I was driving this.
    20170404_133253.jpg
    How many heart attacks do you need before you just don't give a ####.

Lepton1 and Bud A. Thank this.
  8. HoneyBadger67

HoneyBadger67 Road Train Member

Dec 15, 2018
    Savannah, TN
    It worries me to think that so many believe there was absolutely nothing the driver could have done in this situation. Yes, he probably still would have hit the car but the half second time difference from just releasing accelerator would have meant a glancing blow to the rear of the car and a drivable truck instead of the carnage that occurred.
    There are times when it's just plain st00pid to prove how 'right' you are.

Last edited: Jul 15, 2019
    magoo68, FlaSwampRat, Bud A. and 2 others Thank this.
  9. Aamcotrans

May 24, 2016
    Strasburg, Va
    A half second later would’ve put him in her lap. He hit the left front.
    You’re correct, it was 100% avoidable, by the driver of the Lexus.
    I don’t believe for a moment it was tunnel vision, said screw that truck, I can beat it.

okiedokie and mjd4277 Thank this.
  10. blairandgretchen

blairandgretchen Road Train Member

Dec 9, 2011
    South west Missouri
    Disagree.

I saw 3 vehicles cross in front of him - number 4 was a definite possibility.

When on uncontrolled divided or 2 lanes, I always back off the throttle and cover the brake in situations like that. And pray that the ones that are too late to avoid don’t make a fatal mistake.

I’m not saying it’s the truckers fault, I’m saying it should have been anticipated and he could have avoided it.

He estimated impact at 62 mph. Coming up on cross traffic that is running the gauntlet already, I’d have backed off at the car behind the semi making a move.

As said - we’re paid to be professional drivers and expect the unexpected.

magoo68, FlaSwampRat, Bud A. and 3 others Thank this.
  11. mjd4277

mjd4277 Road Train Member

Oct 4, 2015
    Fitchburg,MA
    Regardless if you’re a professional driver,4 wheeler or otherwise when you are issued a license you’re entering into a legal binding agreement with the state or province that you will be expected to obey all traffic laws and regulations as stipulated.
    Driving is a privilege, not a right.
    By disobeying that stop sign the Lexus driver abused that privilege and now is in serious trouble. A surchargable accident like this one will be on their record for 5-6 years-and if their license isn’t suspended or revoked because of this accident.

Lepton1 and Aamcotrans Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.