Hometime drop lot locations

Discussion in 'Maverick' started by Mrlanza, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Mrlanza

Mrlanza Light Load Member

Jul 29, 2018
    Redstone Arsenal, Al
    Maverick is one of the companies I am looking into once I graduate CDL school but I just wanted to get one question out of the way so I don't waste a Recruiter's time.
    I figured that some of you fine people would have an answer based on experience for me.

I understand that maverick allows drivers to bring the trucks home with them while on hometime.
    I, however live on a military installation near Huntsville Alabama, so it would be impractical, if not impossible for me to bring the truck home. The nearest terminal is all the way on the eastern end of Tennessee which would cut sharply into and hometime I do get.

Does anyone know if there are any maverick drop yards near my location, or if it is even permissible to even leave the truck at such a place for a few days at a time?

If not are there any reasonable options that I could utilize in my area ( pay lot, ect...)?

Last edited: Oct 27, 2018
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. baha

baha Road Train Member

Jul 25, 2013
    ga
    Drive so. and look for a fuel stop or trucking co. that may let you pay to park ?

4. tscottme

tscottme Road Train Member

I don't know about Maverick, but some common tractor-only drop locations some drivers use are self-storage facilities, tow-truck yards, and some trucking company customers. Try to Google RV storage. I would not count on parking the truck at a truck stop until you talk to the manager. Some drivers get in trouble by picking a spot just because they see other trucks parked there. Talk to the property owner or manager before doing that. You might be the "straw that broke the camel's back".

5. Stone Dude

Stone Dude Light Load Member

Sep 20, 2016
    Iowa
    I park at the Love's. I'm home every weekend, so I park my pickup on the back row of their car parking area (with their permission) and then when I get home Friday/Saturday I just park my truck in a spot as far back as I can get and hop in my pickup and go. Come Monday morning I do the opposite.

In general, I've found your bigger chain truck stops don't mind you parking in their lot for a few days, so long as you aren't just dropping the trailer. Maverick isn't super picky when it comes to where you park the truck while you're home, they just don't want it getting broken into, stolen, or towed. My last student lived near a Walmart, and he called the store manager and asked if he could park in their lot while he was home (He could). If all else fails just google and see what's available in your area. I've actually picked up at steel places that had signs up that they offered truck parking in their lot for a monthly fee.

6. w.h.o

w.h.o Road Train Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Chicago, il
    i'm late to the party, but just find the nearest storage yard, or drop lot. I park mine at a storage yard less than a mile from my house. Make sure you can drive a tractor trailer thru it and park. I usually just bobtail home but once in a while I have a trailer with me during hometime

7. x1Heavy

x1Heavy Road Train Member

Mar 5, 2016
    White County, Arkansas
    I used to go into Ocean City Maryland which is NOT a truck friendly situation. The house we owned there had a special secret pathway into the gated community that can take the over height tractor. However, the family I would visit finds a walmart or some other major property, talk to the manager and get specific permission for me to store the tractor trailer temporarily there. Worse case scenario I can store it at Somerset or similar.

Huntsville = NASA among other things, Im pretty sure someone has a bit of trucks stashed here and there as we do here in my area. Just a little bit of asking nicely, bearing gifts of something that is a favorite of the owner/boss/manager of the property you are seeking to use at home.

Ultimately we solved that problem here in Arkansas by graveling a certain pathway to where we can if necessary store the entire 18 wheeler on our home property itself. Just be sure to have some gifts or goodies for your neighbors so when you do crank at 2 am on monday waking up the area, they all know you are gone soon for 6 months or whatever.

8. Rick1963

Rick1963 Bobtail Member

Feb 26, 2019
    Just a shout out to all of the over the road drivers and fleet owners that may travel, or have trucks that travel through my area. I am in Ohio approximately 1 hr NW of Columbus, 1 hr North of Dayton, & about 2 hrs South of Toledo. I have a manicured and solid 5-acre gravel drop lot (used to be a trucking company lot) that I rent out to trucking companies for $100/mth per unit, truck or trailer. I have space for approximately 200 trailers. The lot is under video surveillance, but is not fenced or manned, as I live in a home adjacent to the property, and operate my antique auto restoration business at this location. The lot is located at 10505 SR 117, Belle Center OH 43310 (You can Google Hardbarger Restorations. All parking is 500 ft - 1,000 ft from the road and the entrance is 75' wide) Please call or email with any questions and to learn of discount options! Ph. 740-497-9358/email: rickdhardbarger@gmail.com

Sisbro Thanks this.
  9. mindes

mindes Medium Load Member

Feb 17, 2015
    Crestview, Fl
    If Maverick had any dedicated customers in Huntsville, those customers might allow long term parking.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.