Honest Question

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by Bossman027, Feb 23, 2016.

1. Jonkie

Jonkie Medium Load Member

Mar 29, 2016
    And you mention it's a glider so you'll have to swap your motor , tranny etc . ?

2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    Not sure how that works. Are you saying you traded a truck in for a truck and they gave you some cash back for the difference between the trade in value and the minimum down requirement? Or where there more then two parties involved?

Anyway, a 2-3k payment on a NEW truck is not uncommon. I'm willing to bet your glider will have a payment at $2k+. Heck with no money down and no interest you are over $2k a month at $125k for 5 years.

TaylorMade407 Thanks this.
  4. jacquesi23

jacquesi23 Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2013
    No swap. It's already complete.
    125k an it's yours. It's a 2012 frame

Jonkie Thanks this.
  5. jacquesi23

Jan 21, 2013
    Yea my truck was paid for. But my bank required no money down. They wired the funds to the dealership an I walked out with cash.

6. jacquesi23

Jan 21, 2013
    As I mentioned, I'm in talks with bank now because they don't know how to treat the loan being that it's not technically a "brand new" truck. But mechanically it is a new truck. The only old part on it is the frame itself an maybe a few other minor pieces.

7. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    I am assuming the dealer took your trade and took some off the price of the truck. And gave you the rest back, that was the down payment, the trade in

8. jacquesi23

Jan 21, 2013
    You're missing what I'm saying.
    the bank didn't require a down payment
    They told me to find the truck I wanted an they will send a check.
    There was no discussion of down payment at dealership because the check was just like cash. All I did was trade my truck in, well technically I sold it to them because I left with a new truck an cash.

9. jacquesi23

Jan 21, 2013
    The dealership was paid in full same day for new truck.

10. spyder7723

spyder7723 Road Train Member

Mar 31, 2013
    sarasota, fl
    I wouldn't feel comfortable about buying a truck with zero down. I've always tried to have as little debt as possible. Murphy can stroke at anytime, and the difference bergen zero down and a big down payment can be what leads to failure, and what allows you to live through Murphy.

CJndaTruck Thanks this.
  11. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    Now I'm confused. I thought the appeal of a "glider" was that the truck (frame and body) was new and the motor was rebuilt? That was how they got around emissions right? Don't most come with Detroit 60s in them? Or is that just the Fitzgerald ones? So the frame is 2012 and the motor is a rebuilt 2007? Do you still get a clean title with them or has that salvage law passed? You all buying those things are braver then I am. I hear that at least the Fitzgerald ones have a decent warranty on them now. But that wrecked title would keep me away.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.