Honest Question

Discussion in 'Mercer' started by Bossman027, Feb 23, 2016.

1. TaylorMade407

TaylorMade407 Road Train Member

Jun 30, 2009
    Orlando,FL
    I always thought everything was brand new but the motor trans and rears. I figured the frame was right out the factory

Mudguppy and CJndaTruck Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. skateboardman

skateboardman Road Train Member

Jan 14, 2012
    flatbed heaven
    That's the deal, used to be a glider was a new. Cab and frame, you added your drivetrain. Fitzgerald gliders are a new truck. Built to preemission specs.

TaylorMade407 Thanks this.
  4. CJndaTruck

CJndaTruck Road Train Member

Nov 21, 2014
    Knoxville, TN (area)
    Built with a factory re manufactured motor right? I think I read or heard that they have to issue a salvage title now, hence the 2012 frame. I remember something like that from the truck show. But to be honest I've never thought much of them so I didn't pay it much attention as I knew it would never effect me.

Anyway, I hope I'm complete wrong. Pulling the trigger on anything new in this market is tough. I'm sure those involved are doing their homework on it. I know little to nothing about gliders and by no means am I saying for anyone not to get one. I probably need to educate myself on them before I open up my trap.

jacquesi23 Thanks this.
  5. jacquesi23

jacquesi23 Medium Load Member

Jan 21, 2013
    @CJndaTruck nailed it. That was the issue with my bank. The title is salvaged.
    Everything is new except for the frame.
    However, you can go to fitz an get a 2016 frame with reman parts an they have somewhat of a decent warranty with it.
    You pick your own engine.
    I honestly would like to get my hands on 2016 Pete 389 with the 60 series Detroit

CJndaTruck Thanks this.
  6. jacquesi23

Jan 21, 2013
    I was always taught, if someone is willing to give you money, why spend your own money? I never spend my own money unless I have to. Yea putting a chunk down is all well an good but I'd rather have that chunk in the bank if my truck goes down rather than giving it to a dealership when I don't have to.

7. jacquesi23

Jan 21, 2013
    There is a guy in Alabama who deals heavily with a lot of carriers. He takes their slightly used trucks an places the pre emission specs in them. Motor tranny are all reman

8. mtoo

mtoo Road Train Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Retired on bended knee
    I taught myself to always use my own money, it's cheaper than paying someone a fee to use theirs.

Borrow money when in a pinch. If you run on borrowed money (just because it's somebody else money) then when your in a pinch and try to borrow the money, the bank may say your over extended.

CJndaTruck, spyder7723 and Mudguppy Thank this.
  9. jacquesi23

Jan 21, 2013
    Well I do my due diligence of paying it back at a fair time. Not too soon to where it doesn't effect my credit positively but soon enough to where I'm not paying crazy interest back either

10. jacquesi23

Jan 21, 2013
    I have a close friend of mine who became a millionaire over the course of 6 years simply borrowing money an placing it in the right investment portfolios.
    It's not about how much money you bring to the table, it's totally about how vast you can grow a money tree with very little resources given.
    It takes money to make money, nobody ever said it had to be "your" money to make it lol.

11. mtoo

mtoo Road Train Member

Jan 15, 2011
    Retired on bended knee
    I don't have the tolerance for that kind of risk anymore. I do believe the story. Having a family and then having Enron steal more money than I could afford to loose.

Lessons like that taught me to be very conservative with my money.

jacquesi23, CJndaTruck and spyder7723 Thank this.
  • Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.