How do they suspend a driver?

Discussion in 'Questions From New Drivers' started by asphaltcowboy4x4, Nov 1, 2019.

1. asphaltcowboy4x4

asphaltcowboy4x4 Medium Load Member

Dec 22, 2018
    my company is very. Safety conscious which is cool and all. They have a thing about going 68mph+ for a few seconds triggers camera. Trucks are governed at 65. I wake up sometime I’m tired don’t even realize I’m going 70mph even tho the speed limit is usually 70 or 65. They told me I need retraining again even tho I’ve already done the retraining like a year ago. Next step is suspension and then review. Like how are you gonna suspend a truck driver? Sounds like a vacation. Or is that them just saying I’m fired. Pretty odd how I have a nice long run back to their area

roel1177 and singlescrewshaker Thank this.
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. Concorde

Concorde Road Train Member

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Maybe it’s like back in High School getting detention? Possibly you’ll have to go to the principals office and sit in the corner until your mom comes and picks you up?

lol, how you drivers put up with the ridiculous bs is beyond me..

Gutter, Swedish Chef, DAX_ and 11 others Thank this.
  4. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    Suspension = no pay vacation.

As for keeping steady speed, cruise control.

Dave_in_AZ and Lepton1 Thank this.
  5. asphaltcowboy4x4

Dec 22, 2018
    Yeah I know cruise control helps but the #### thing shuts off sometimes and it’s adaptive so if someone is going slow in front me me it will slow itself down. And I feel less in control like my foot is farther from the break if #### hit the room.

6. D.Tibbitt

D.Tibbitt Road Train Member

Apr 26, 2013
    Gettin' down westbound
    find a different company or watch ur speed. brake pedal or jake break to maintain speed isnt difficult. my company has the same policy and I have never went over 70mph

7. Concorde

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Yah, set on 80 while singing the song “Take this job and shovel it “

8. Concorde

Jun 29, 2016
    West Melbourne Florida
    Hook the battery cables up backwards for a couple minutes..that should fix the adaptive cruise.

9. asphaltcowboy4x4

Dec 22, 2018
    Yeah man I hate all the micro managing but it’s a good company with great pay and miles so I gotta be a good little boy. It’s just this one thing going over 68 it just happens at night I don’t realize I’m going down a hill and I’m probably micro sleeping. Only happens in the morning never during the day. I try and I try but they keep yelling at me for speeding! Making me take speeding online courses. Like I wasent even speeding doing 70 on a 70 is fine doing 69 on a 75 is not speeding. Going 65 on an 85 is a ####ing hazard lol

FlaSwampRat and Concorde Thank this.
  10. asphaltcowboy4x4

Dec 22, 2018
    Won’t do no good the adaptive cruise will set off the camera if I get too close to people like tailgating someone. I keep my distance anyway Yeap I’m that guy that gets over in the left lane well before I’m even near the car or truck imma pass just so my alarm doesn’t go off

11. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    What do you mean by "I wake up... don't realize..."?

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.