How do you keep going on?

Discussion in 'Experienced Truckers' Advice' started by a-trucker123, Nov 13, 2017.

1. a-trucker123

a-trucker123 Light Load Member

Sep 21, 2017
    I've seen truckers here with years and years of experience. I am about 3 months away from 1 year of experience. I want to quit but can't quit because I need money. So I can only move forward, however much I suffer and hate it. Used to be happy when I started but now I hate it after experiencing and suffering lots of unpleasant, sch!tty things in trucking. I need help being able to move forward. How do you guys even do it?

Last edited: Nov 13, 2017
  2. Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.

3. bigkev1115

bigkev1115 Road Train Member

Oct 23, 2009
    Alexandria, AL
    Well for me, learning to expect the unexpected in trucking, it gets normal after awhile. The 1st year is usually the toughest. Once you get past your first year mark, and get a better understanding of the industry, its not as bad. If you have a clean record after a year, there s better chance for better pay and opportunities. Just be patient and have faith

4. shogun

shogun Road Train Member

Jan 23, 2009
    Doing a regen
    Get with a better company. Are you in it for the money? If so, you will be burnt out quickly running hard. If you aren't passionate about it then nothing will help. Tell us a little about where you live and what your trucking experience is and we can get you pointed in the right direction

AfterShock, Lepton1, MrEd and 5 others Thank this.
  5. RoadRooster

RoadRooster Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Fort Myers, Florida
    I felt the same way after about a year in the business... Couldn't leave for the same reasons... So I said suck it up buttercup... Started looking for little things to appreciate... The little things kind of add up and there's more of them than you realized if you look around... I'm a happy camper now I'll make it to retirement another few years.

6. DUNE-T

DUNE-T Road Train Member

May 10, 2015
    Detroit, MI
    Get your own truck and mc. That was the only way for me to make money and still enjoy trucking

Lepton1, Bigrayon, jcrack08 and 8 others Thank this.
  7. joesmoothdog

joesmoothdog Heavy Load Member

Aug 5, 2013
    OTR
    It's easy. I see how deep in debt I am then I RAMBLE TAMBLE!!!!

8. Just passing by

Just passing by Road Train Member

Feb 25, 2017
    Mississippi
    I wish I could say something more inspiring. But since you mentioned the money part of it, I would suggest concentrate on how to get more money , be it putting more endorsements on your CDL or finding a better paying driving gig. I started looking for greener pastures as soon as my CDL hit the first anniversary. Tanker/hazmat makes for some pretty nice paychecks too.

9. snowwy

snowwy Road Train Member

Jul 6, 2009
    Trucking Long haul is more disgusting today and it gets worse every day.

The job was somewhat fun when i started 17 years ago. It wasn't fun this last go around. With all the pigs in todays trucks.

10. Justrucking2

Justrucking2 Road Train Member

Sep 12, 2017
    Plymouth MI
    Going on 30 years, when you figure it out, let me know. ;-)

11. BoostedTeg

BoostedTeg Road Train Member

Jun 2, 2008
    Boise ID
    I think if you’re doing it just for money then I’d look into something else that maybe you would enjoy more.

• Truckers Report Jobs

Trucking Jobs in 30 seconds

Every month 400 people find a job with the help of TruckersReport.